Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lone Star Audio Fest "LSAF" 2017 May 5th, 6th, and 7th

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    My plans are to attend this event this go around. I look forward to it! I should be there for the Friday night dinner as well.

Tom
    So after a handful of years, I can finally put an ugly mug to the man behind the screen/phone.
    https://www.audiothesis.com/

USA Distributor for North Star Design, Rosso Fiorentino, and MastersounD
    https://www.northstar.it/
    http://www.rossofiorentino.com/
    http://www.mastersoundsas.it/

Dallas Dealer for: AURALiC - Dayens - iFi - Marantz - Martin Logan - Parasound - Polk Audio - Triode Corporation - Usher Audio - Wireworld

Yes sir. Correct on all accounts.

Congrat's Skip. I just noticed your signature affiliations!

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! Believe High Fidelity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Then don't sell. Let the gear do the work.

Were you there last year? It was low-key to a fault. We need some guys who bring some spice to the show, so I'm glad you'll be showing this year. Five years ago it was about the perfect size, but its drifted to a half or maybe even a third of what it was then. I don't want to see it die.
    I did the THE Show Newport show last year and if they didn't break into two shows this year I would also be passing on LSAF this year as well.

If you want a show to be well received it needs financial support and a solid marketing team to handle the sales and logistics to get it there. From the feedback I received, no one was willing to do more than "pitch in" a little dough towards this. So as long as that remains to be the case then it will just continue on as a fun hangout show and never grow into something commercial like RMAF or Axpona.

And publicizing its decline doesn't encourage more attendance from show goers or industry participants either. Might want to keep that one to yourself
    Believe High Fidelity Ltd is the North American Distributor for:

Aries Cerat Ltd
    Torqueo Audio
    Vermouth Audio Cables
    Etsuro Urushi Cartridges
    Primary Control
    Echo Diastasis

Aries Cerat wins Best of Show at Munich High End 2017 http://www.avshowrooms.com/high-end-2017-awards.html
    Kassandra LE DAC wins Best DAC of 2016/2017 with reviewer purchase @ Mono & Stereo! Article here

Like us on Facebook!

Email: j@Ibelieveinhifi.com
    Web: www.ibelieveinhifi.com

Hello and good evening to you Believe High Fidelity. While as a manufacturer or distributor I can completely understand your stance, I must (as an audio loving person) disagree with your opinion on a marketing team, sales and logistics to have a (what you would consider) a successful show. This is from your point of view.

From *my* point of view? I'd much rather have a regional GTG without the 20-30 people in one room vying for the sweet spot kind of thing while everyone in the room is talking. I'd rather listen to a rig that I can listen too in a relaxed setting more so than a hurried, "shuffle them in and out like herds of cows" setting. While this and more are only *my* own personal feelings toward the type of show/feature I would personally attend?

Eh, I don't even know why I'm typing this. I can not change the industry.

All I know is that as a consumer, I'd rather have 15 minutes of quality time with a system or component rather than 30 seconds to listen too a glimpse of sound out of the sweet spot with 20-30 folks chatting it up.

Point is? Sometimes less is more. For both parties.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    Hello and good evening to you Believe High Fidelity. While as a manufacturer or distributor I can completely understand your stance, I must (as an audio loving person) disagree with your opinion on a marketing team, sales and logistics to have a (what you would consider) a successful show. This is from your point of view.

From *my* point of view? I'd much rather have a regional GTG without the 20-30 people in one room vying for the sweet spot kind of thing while everyone in the room is talking. I'd rather listen to a rig that I can listen too in a relaxed setting more so than a hurried, "shuffle them in and out like herds of cows" setting. While this and more are only *my* own personal feelings toward the type of show/feature I would personally attend?

Eh, I don't even know why I'm typing this. I can not change the industry.

All I know is that as a consumer, I'd rather have 15 minutes of quality time with a system or component rather than 30 seconds to listen too a glimpse of sound out of the sweet spot with 20-30 folks chatting it up.

Point is? Sometimes less is more. For both parties.

Tom
    Hello Tom,

My good friend DSkip and other normal LSAF exhibitors are the ones vying for growth of the show. My personal recommendations are just that in an effort to make clear why this show is never going to be a regional show like Axpona, CAS and others. I certainly do enjoy the show for the exact same merits as you have pointed out.

Love to meet the locals and not have to herd teams of people. It is a wonderful show to have an extended listening session, have some booze and really get into the music without fear of rushing. If this were not the case it would be pointless for me to attend. However, there is a desire for this to be bigger to promote more sales and attendance, but like you I like it just how it is.

Aries Cerat Ltd
    Torqueo Audio
    Vermouth Audio Cables
    Etsuro Urushi Cartridges
    Primary Control
    Echo Diastasis

Aries Cerat wins Best of Show at Munich High End 2017 http://www.avshowrooms.com/high-end-2017-awards.html
    Kassandra LE DAC wins Best DAC of 2016/2017 with reviewer purchase @ Mono & Stereo! Article here

Like us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Believe High Fidelity View Post
    Hello Tom,

My good friend DSkip and other normal LSAF exhibitors are the ones vying for growth of the show. My personal recommendations are just that in an effort to make clear why this show is never going to be a regional show like Axpona, CAS and others. I certainly do enjoy the show for the exact same merits as you have pointed out.

Love to meet the locals and not have to herd teams of people. It is a wonderful show to have an extended listening session, have some booze and really get into the music without fear of rushing. If this were not the case it would be pointless for me to attend. However, there is a desire for this to be bigger to promote more sales and attendance, but like you I like it just how it is.
    I don't know that I want this to be another Axpona or the like, but I would like to see it grow some. My first year in attendance we had the same atmosphere with two floors and several conference rooms booked. Two years ago it dropped to one floor and two conference room. I think last year was better, but I think getting back to where it was 6 years ago is ideal. Some manufacturers show up, but really this one should appeal to those smaller brands who need 'cheap' exposure and to build personal relationships. The relationships I've created at LSAF even before becoming a dealer have kept me coming back and will keep me coming back for years to come.

This truly is a show about relationships and love of the hobby, not about peddling gear. That is where the show gets its charm from.
    https://www.audiothesis.com/

USA Distributor for North Star Design, Rosso Fiorentino, and MastersounD
    https://www.northstar.it/
    http://www.rossofiorentino.com/
    http://www.mastersoundsas.it/

Dallas Dealer for: AURALiC - Dayens - iFi - Marantz - Martin Logan - Parasound - Polk Audio - Triode Corporation - Usher Audio - Wireworld

Hello all, I am now back from LSAF. Skip, it was a pleasure to have met you and spent some time playing around/observing your different systems in to the wee hours of the night. Your Rosso Fiorentino's are definitely a product that you don't have to *try* to sell. They sell themselves and I look forward to hearing the floor standers from that company. What was that one tube integrated that sounded so good again paired with those speakers? Those two were a match made in heaven.

JWM Acoustics had a great set up as well at this event. This gentleman definitely has a passion for sound and a good ear to boot. This system probably had the lowest noise floor of any rig I have put my ears on in the past decade. Very clean, refined sound.

There were some really good systems at the show. Met Doug Ashworth with Douglas Connections, the Italian Northstar representative Jessica Hazewinkel, Dave Thompson with Raven Audio, one of our esteemed members here at the WBF that showed me his Kii3 speaker setup along with many other wonderful people I have talked to for decades on this and other forums. Even met the "Grandfather", if you will of the Austin Audio Society. It was a cordial, fun and entertaining event that had not one ounce of audiophile snobbery. Right up my alley!

Thanks to those who helped make this event what it has become. I had a really good time and when you get down to it? That's what this hobby is all about.

Tom

It was a real pleasure meeting you Tom.

Here is a pic of my Kii Three set up;

Name:  IMG_0984.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  1.02 MB
    Disclosure; I am an audio dealer carrying Dartzeel, Mola Mola, Merging NADAC, The Gryphon, Parasound(+Halo), Oppo, YG Acoustic, Kii Speakers, Evolution Acoustic, Eclipse TD Speakers, Endeavor Audio, Kef, Vivid, JL Audio,Monitor Audio, RPG Room Acoustic Treatments, Cinematech, Kimber, MIT, Analysis Plus, Kubala Sosna, Elrod Cables, Oyaide, HRS, Artesania Racks, Wave Kinetics, Acoustic Revive, Richard Gray, Sound Application and Jeff Hedback Acoustical Design Service and much more fine audio gear.

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  126.6 KBName:  004.JPG
Size:  120.3 KBName:  005.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  118.8 KBName:  006.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  133.8 KB

Aries Cerat Ltd
    Torqueo Audio
    Vermouth Audio Cables
    Etsuro Urushi Cartridges
    Primary Control
    Echo Diastasis

Like us on Facebook!

Name:  007.JPG
Views: 263
Size:  155.9 KBName:  015.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  110.0 KBName:  016.JPG
Size:  140.9 KBName:  017.JPG
Views: 97
Size:  130.0 KBName:  018.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  111.3 KB

Aries Cerat Ltd
    Torqueo Audio
    Vermouth Audio Cables
    Etsuro Urushi Cartridges
    Primary Control
    Echo Diastasis

Like us on Facebook!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast