Lone Star Audio Fest "LSAF" 2017 May 5th, 6th, and 7th

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Believe High Fidelity will be in attendance with Echo Diastasis PH-79 Phonostage, Etsuro Urushi Cobalt Blue Cart, and a Aries Cerat Pre/Power in one of the two JWM Acoustics rooms.

If you are in the Dallas Area May 5th, 6th, or 7th please stop by the show and say hello. This is a free show with a mix of mainstream and some very well done DIY projects.

Most rooms have alcohol and enjoyable individuals who love to chat so for a good time click the link and save the date \

Lone Star Audio Fest

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Excellent! I look forward to seeing you again Joshua. Will you have the new stand by then? I'm curious to see how that one turns out.

AudioThesis will be there with two rooms - 205 and 206. We will be showcasing the Rosso Fiorentino Fiesole, the North Star Design Blue Diamond set (integrated and CD/DAC), NSD Supremo, and also the Dayens Ampino separates (pre + monoblocks). The second set of speakers is TBD right now.

In addition to those products, we are expecting this to be the world premier of the North Star Design Magnifico CD Transport: https://www.audiothesis.com/magnifico

Some information I have on the product include:

Tecnogel suspended Top-loading CD mechanism – Streamunlimited CD100
Separate power supplies for the CD mechanism and digital audio section
S/PDIF, AES/EBU and I2S digital outputs
PCM Upsampling 44.1 to 384
DSD Upsampling x64 x128 x256 (on I2S only)
Aluminum remote control with real time instantaneous upsampling mode (PCM/DSD) switching

I'm expecting Jessica, the CEO of North Star Design, to be in attendance.

This is a very relaxed show. Not only do many exhibitors have drinks ready to go, but the hotel also has a happy hour with an open bar each night.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Good to hear. I am surprised on your recent trip to see Luther you didn't find some time to drop by. :(

Look forward to hanging out. I am planning to be tipsy most of the event so all the rooms sound good this year haha

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
It was on my mind but the itinerary didn't allow for it. If I didn't have an event to attend Thursday morning I probably would have given you a ring.

This 'show' is more of a hobbyist event and I wish it garnered more interest on the boards.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I just booked a room. I will be there with the Kii Speakers.

IMG_0795.JPG

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
It was on my mind but the itinerary didn't allow for it. If I didn't have an event to attend Thursday morning I probably would have given you a ring.

This 'show' is more of a hobbyist event and I wish it garnered more interest on the boards.

I couldn't disagree more.

Low profile by invitation is more interesting and intimate. I like to not worry so much about selling for 12 hours a day and enjoy the atmosphere... :)

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I am looking forward to you coming by for a listen Josh. I am also excited to hear you room :)

Nice! I didn't get a chance to hear the Kii's at the last two shows so I am looking forward to getting some seat time

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
My plans are to attend this event this go around. I look forward to it! I should be there for the Friday night dinner as well.

Tom

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I couldn't disagree more.

Low profile by invitation is more interesting and intimate. I like to not worry so much about selling for 12 hours a day and enjoy the atmosphere... :)

Then don't sell. Let the gear do the work. :cool:

Were you there last year? It was low-key to a fault. We need some guys who bring some spice to the show, so I'm glad you'll be showing this year. Five years ago it was about the perfect size, but its drifted to a half or maybe even a third of what it was then. I don't want to see it die.

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
My plans are to attend this event this go around. I look forward to it! I should be there for the Friday night dinner as well.

Tom

So after a handful of years, I can finally put an ugly mug to the man behind the screen/phone. :D

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Yes sir. Correct on all accounts.

Congrat's Skip. I just noticed your signature affiliations!

Tom

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Then don't sell. Let the gear do the work. :cool:

Were you there last year? It was low-key to a fault. We need some guys who bring some spice to the show, so I'm glad you'll be showing this year. Five years ago it was about the perfect size, but its drifted to a half or maybe even a third of what it was then. I don't want to see it die.

I did the THE Show Newport show last year and if they didn't break into two shows this year I would also be passing on LSAF this year as well.

If you want a show to be well received it needs financial support and a solid marketing team to handle the sales and logistics to get it there. From the feedback I received, no one was willing to do more than "pitch in" a little dough towards this. So as long as that remains to be the case then it will just continue on as a fun hangout show and never grow into something commercial like RMAF or Axpona.

And publicizing its decline doesn't encourage more attendance from show goers or industry participants either. Might want to keep that one to yourself :)

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Hello and good evening to you Believe High Fidelity. While as a manufacturer or distributor I can completely understand your stance, I must (as an audio loving person) disagree with your opinion on a marketing team, sales and logistics to have a (what you would consider) a successful show. This is from your point of view.

From *my* point of view? I'd much rather have a regional GTG without the 20-30 people in one room vying for the sweet spot kind of thing while everyone in the room is talking. I'd rather listen to a rig that I can listen too in a relaxed setting more so than a hurried, "shuffle them in and out like herds of cows" setting. While this and more are only *my* own personal feelings toward the type of show/feature I would personally attend?

Eh, I don't even know why I'm typing this. I can not change the industry.

All I know is that as a consumer, I'd rather have 15 minutes of quality time with a system or component rather than 30 seconds to listen too a glimpse of sound out of the sweet spot with 20-30 folks chatting it up.

Point is? Sometimes less is more. For both parties.

Tom

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Hello and good evening to you Believe High Fidelity. While as a manufacturer or distributor I can completely understand your stance, I must (as an audio loving person) disagree with your opinion on a marketing team, sales and logistics to have a (what you would consider) a successful show. This is from your point of view.

From *my* point of view? I'd much rather have a regional GTG without the 20-30 people in one room vying for the sweet spot kind of thing while everyone in the room is talking. I'd rather listen to a rig that I can listen too in a relaxed setting more so than a hurried, "shuffle them in and out like herds of cows" setting. While this and more are only *my* own personal feelings toward the type of show/feature I would personally attend?

Eh, I don't even know why I'm typing this. I can not change the industry.

All I know is that as a consumer, I'd rather have 15 minutes of quality time with a system or component rather than 30 seconds to listen too a glimpse of sound out of the sweet spot with 20-30 folks chatting it up.

Point is? Sometimes less is more. For both parties.

Tom

Hello Tom,

My good friend DSkip and other normal LSAF exhibitors are the ones vying for growth of the show. My personal recommendations are just that in an effort to make clear why this show is never going to be a regional show like Axpona, CAS and others. I certainly do enjoy the show for the exact same merits as you have pointed out.

Love to meet the locals and not have to herd teams of people. It is a wonderful show to have an extended listening session, have some booze and really get into the music without fear of rushing. If this were not the case it would be pointless for me to attend. However, there is a desire for this to be bigger to promote more sales and attendance, but like you I like it just how it is.

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Hello Tom,

My good friend DSkip and other normal LSAF exhibitors are the ones vying for growth of the show. My personal recommendations are just that in an effort to make clear why this show is never going to be a regional show like Axpona, CAS and others. I certainly do enjoy the show for the exact same merits as you have pointed out.

Love to meet the locals and not have to herd teams of people. It is a wonderful show to have an extended listening session, have some booze and really get into the music without fear of rushing. If this were not the case it would be pointless for me to attend. However, there is a desire for this to be bigger to promote more sales and attendance, but like you I like it just how it is.

I don't know that I want this to be another Axpona or the like, but I would like to see it grow some. My first year in attendance we had the same atmosphere with two floors and several conference rooms booked. Two years ago it dropped to one floor and two conference room. I think last year was better, but I think getting back to where it was 6 years ago is ideal. Some manufacturers show up, but really this one should appeal to those smaller brands who need 'cheap' exposure and to build personal relationships. The relationships I've created at LSAF even before becoming a dealer have kept me coming back and will keep me coming back for years to come.

This truly is a show about relationships and love of the hobby, not about peddling gear. That is where the show gets its charm from.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Hello all, I am now back from LSAF. Skip, it was a pleasure to have met you and spent some time playing around/observing your different systems in to the wee hours of the night. Your Rosso Fiorentino's are definitely a product that you don't have to *try* to sell. They sell themselves and I look forward to hearing the floor standers from that company. What was that one tube integrated that sounded so good again paired with those speakers? Those two were a match made in heaven.

JWM Acoustics had a great set up as well at this event. This gentleman definitely has a passion for sound and a good ear to boot. This system probably had the lowest noise floor of any rig I have put my ears on in the past decade. Very clean, refined sound.

There were some really good systems at the show. Met Doug Ashworth with Douglas Connections, the Italian Northstar representative Jessica Hazewinkel, Dave Thompson with Raven Audio, one of our esteemed members here at the WBF that showed me his Kii3 speaker setup along with many other wonderful people I have talked to for decades on this and other forums. Even met the "Grandfather", if you will of the Austin Audio Society. It was a cordial, fun and entertaining event that had not one ounce of audiophile snobbery. Right up my alley!

Thanks to those who helped make this event what it has become. I had a really good time and when you get down to it? That's what this hobby is all about.

Tom

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
It was a real pleasure meeting you Tom.

Here is a pic of my Kii Three set up;

IMG_0984.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing