Drinking wine engages more of your brain than solving math problems, find scientists

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I love scientists, even if we are only talking about a single one in this case... I'll never forget our recent visit to Steve's house, for as we walk in, a Barolo is looking at me in the eyes, front and center!!! That's class!

Dr Gordon Shepherd, from the Yale School of Medicine, said sniffing and analysing a wine before drinking it requires “exquisite control of one of the biggest muscles in the body”.
When the drinker swirls the liquid around their mouth, the tongue’s intricate muscles are put to work along with thousands of taste and odour receptors.
The overall process engages the brain more than listening to music or solving a difficult maths problem, he claims.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/wine-drinking-engage-brain-maths-problems-solve-difficult-alcohol-yale-school-medicine-a7667366.html

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing