Axpona 2017 - Who's Going??

AudioFlea

Mar 24, 2017
Portland, Maine
www.audioflea.com
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to see who was heading to Axpona at the end of the month and what everyone is looking forward to seeing / hearing?

We'll be there and hope to meet some of you in person!

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I'm going.

Audioflea... hmm, an alternative to Audiogon, very cool...

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Indeed.

I won't be going as all of my weekends are booked that month. Have fun for me though.....I'll live vicariously through your posts.

Tom

AudioFlea

Mar 24, 2017
Portland, Maine
www.audioflea.com
I'm going.

Audioflea... hmm, an alternative to Audiogon, very cool...

Great! I hope we'll get to say Hi! We are looking into having a table in the Marketplace, so keep your eye out for us! And yes! We just launched, let us know what you think! We also have a thread going over here: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?22829-AudioFlea-Your-New-HiFi-Marketplace-is-Here! Take a look at it and let us know if you want to sign up for our free listing period. :)

Skylab

May 14, 2016
Chicagoland
I'm going, short 20 minute drive for me. Will be there all day Friday, maybe Saturday morning too. Really looking forward to it. I'd love see/hear the new "Revox"/Horch House reel to reel, but not clear it will be there. Just looking forward to going from room to room seeing and hearing different gear!

AudioFlea

Mar 24, 2017
Portland, Maine
www.audioflea.com
I'm going, short 20 minute drive for me. Will be there all day Friday, maybe Saturday morning too. Really looking forward to it. I'd love see/hear the new "Revox"/Horch House reel to reel, but not clear it will be there. Just looking forward to going from room to room seeing and hearing different gear!

A 20 minute drive sounds pretty ideal, way nicer than a plan ride! The reel to reel project would be pretty special to see! I sent an email to Horch House to see if they were going to be there, I'll post an update when I hear back!

TitaniumTroy

Jan 11, 2011
South Bend IN
About 2hrs and 20min for my drive, coming from South Bend IN. Got my room at the Westin, and 3day Gold Pass. Anybody who wants to meet up send me a message. I will probably be hanging out much of the time with Amir, like I did last year, as his Uber Driver.

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
While not the typical 2 channel setup found in most rooms at AXPONA, I'll again have a huge ballroom (other end of the lobby level) with a full Dolby Atmos setup with some massive subwoofer stacks that make for great pictures, especially with shorter folks standing next to an 8' tall subwoofer tower. :cool:

For the videophiles we will have Sony's VW5000ES projector fed with a few 4K/UHD sources through a Lumagen Radiance Pro on a 14' wide, microperf Stewart Screen with Ken Whitcomb of Calibrations Inc insuring it looks as good as possible. We are in the section of the ballroom behind the marketplace on the main floor. Please come by and take a break off your feet for a few or use our room as an easy meeting place with others. It's always fun to see the reach of the forums and who makes it to the various shows, so be sure to say hello and mention you are a member of the forum.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
While not the typical 2 channel setup found in most rooms at AXPONA, I'll again have a huge ballroom (other end of the lobby level) with a full Dolby Atmos setup with some massive subwoofer stacks that make for great pictures, especially with shorter folks standing next to an 8' tall subwoofer tower. :cool:

For the videophiles we will have Sony's VW5000ES projector fed with a few 4K/UHD sources through a Lumagen Radiance Pro on a 14' wide, microperf Stewart Screen with Ken Whitcomb of Calibrations Inc insuring it looks as good as possible. We are in the section of the ballroom behind the marketplace on the main floor. Please come by and take a break off your feet for a few or use our room as an easy meeting place with others. It's always fun to see the reach of the forums and who makes it to the various shows, so be sure to say hello and mention you are a member of the forum.

Thanks, Mark. I will definitely seek out your room. I haven't seen a new projector in many years, let alone a 4k projector so it sounds like fun.

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
We got our little speakers ready to go lol

17884168_10206678333636385_7550741722221930034_n.jpg

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
Thanks, Mark. I will definitely seek out your room. I haven't seen a new projector in many years, let alone a 4k projector so it sounds like fun.

Having seen this exact combo in a customer's theater and experience with the VW5000ES in multiple cases now, this should be a great example of what is possible within the limits of how dark they let us get the room. This laser powered Sony is currently one of the best options to get both bright and black at 4k resolution right now. It should be a fun weekend.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Will try to get around to see some of you guys. I'll generally be in the Scaena room (Division/lobby level) -- stop by y'all if you can.

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
Will try to get around to see some of you guys. I'll generally be in the Scaena room (Division/lobby level) -- stop by y'all if you can.

Hey Bob it looks like we are neighbors lol. See you soon:)

AudioFlea

Mar 24, 2017
Portland, Maine
www.audioflea.com

Hey Mark! We'll come stop by and say hello today! We're looking forward to seeing your setup!

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
For those of you who even have a low level of interest in "home theater", don't miss Mark Seaton's room. Even if HT is not your "cup of tea", I think it will be fun for you to see what is possible with highly dynamic speakers, subs that go well into the single digits, and will play at levels that are as "realistic" as you could wish - without any kind of strain or distortion.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing