Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Axpona 2017 - Who's Going??

Planning to be there all three days. It is great having this show just 2 Blueline stops away .

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics) [Technical Expert] Mark Seaton's Avatar
    While not the typical 2 channel setup found in most rooms at AXPONA, I'll again have a huge ballroom (other end of the lobby level) with a full Dolby Atmos setup with some massive subwoofer stacks that make for great pictures, especially with shorter folks standing next to an 8' tall subwoofer tower.

For the videophiles we will have Sony's VW5000ES projector fed with a few 4K/UHD sources through a Lumagen Radiance Pro on a 14' wide, microperf Stewart Screen with Ken Whitcomb of Calibrations Inc insuring it looks as good as possible. We are in the section of the ballroom behind the marketplace on the main floor. Please come by and take a break off your feet for a few or use our room as an easy meeting place with others. It's always fun to see the reach of the forums and who makes it to the various shows, so be sure to say hello and mention you are a member of the forum.
    Mark Seaton

Seaton Sound, Inc.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! MadFloyd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
    While not the typical 2 channel setup found in most rooms at AXPONA, I'll again have a huge ballroom (other end of the lobby level) with a full Dolby Atmos setup with some massive subwoofer stacks that make for great pictures, especially with shorter folks standing next to an 8' tall subwoofer tower.

For the videophiles we will have Sony's VW5000ES projector fed with a few 4K/UHD sources through a Lumagen Radiance Pro on a 14' wide, microperf Stewart Screen with Ken Whitcomb of Calibrations Inc insuring it looks as good as possible. We are in the section of the ballroom behind the marketplace on the main floor. Please come by and take a break off your feet for a few or use our room as an easy meeting place with others. It's always fun to see the reach of the forums and who makes it to the various shows, so be sure to say hello and mention you are a member of the forum.
    Thanks, Mark. I will definitely seek out your room. I haven't seen a new projector in many years, let alone a 4k projector so it sounds like fun.
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods Amplification: CAT JL7s, CAT Legend, CH Precision P1
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / SCPS-1 / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon / dCS Upsampler / Schiit Yggdrasil DAC
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna cables / Shunyata Denali 6000T, Sigma Zitron PC's / Furutech outlets
    Misc: Steve Blinn Designs rack & amp stands

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! Leif S's Avatar
    We got our little speakers ready to go lol

Name:  17884168_10206678333636385_7550741722221930034_n.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  95.2 KB
    Leif Swanson
    Vice President, Sales and Marketing
    Designer

Von Schweikert Audio
    Global Distributor- MasterBuilt Audio Cables

My System

VSA Endeavor 5's, E-3MkII's, Audio Alchemy electronics, VAC IQ200 monoblocks, VAC Master Line Stage with Phono Pre, Kronos Pro with SCPS, Black Beauty Tone arm, ZYX cartridge, Lampizator, Aurender, MasterBuilt cables, J-corder open reel deck.

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics) [Technical Expert] Mark Seaton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Thanks, Mark. I will definitely seek out your room. I haven't seen a new projector in many years, let alone a 4k projector so it sounds like fun.
    Having seen this exact combo in a customer's theater and experience with the VW5000ES in multiple cases now, this should be a great example of what is possible within the limits of how dark they let us get the room. This laser powered Sony is currently one of the best options to get both bright and black at 4k resolution right now. It should be a fun weekend.
    Mark Seaton

Seaton Sound, Inc.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] rblnr's Avatar
    Will try to get around to see some of you guys. I'll generally be in the Scaena room (Division/lobby level) -- stop by y'all if you can.
    -- Bob

Industry participation disclosure: dealer for Paradigm, Anthem, NAD, Scaena, The Clue loudspeaker, AMR/iFi, Hegel, Bluesound, PS Audio, Artnovion acoustic treatment, Storm Audio (best AV prepro on Earth IMO) www.outreachav.com

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! Leif S's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rblnr View Post
    Will try to get around to see some of you guys. I'll generally be in the Scaena room (Division/lobby level) -- stop by y'all if you can.
    Hey Bob it looks like we are neighbors lol. See you soon
    Leif Swanson
    Vice President, Sales and Marketing
    Designer

Von Schweikert Audio
    Global Distributor- MasterBuilt Audio Cables

My System

VSA Endeavor 5's, E-3MkII's, Audio Alchemy electronics, VAC IQ200 monoblocks, VAC Master Line Stage with Phono Pre, Kronos Pro with SCPS, Black Beauty Tone arm, ZYX cartridge, Lampizator, Aurender, MasterBuilt cables, J-corder open reel deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post

Hey Mark! We'll come stop by and say hello today! We're looking forward to seeing your setup!
    Carolyn Pereira
    AudioFlea.com
    HiFi Classifieds, Reinvented
    Co-owner

For those of you who even have a low level of interest in "home theater", don't miss Mark Seaton's room. Even if HT is not your "cup of tea", I think it will be fun for you to see what is possible with highly dynamic speakers, subs that go well into the single digits, and will play at levels that are as "realistic" as you could wish - without any kind of strain or distortion.
    "Iíve read the last page of the Bible, itís all going to turn out all right." Billy Graham

My System

[WBF Founding Member] Ron Party's Avatar
    Yup. So, so true. Great products from a great guy.
    Peace.

Ron Party

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12