A must have watch for the Magico owners

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
In a similar manner, Magico continue to manufacture speakers that use uncommon materials for building speakers, but are relatively conventional in terms of being dynamic driver speakers with Mundorf-sourced parts for the crossovers. That's not a knock on Magico - or Richard Mille for that matter - it's just they way they've chosen to make a luxury good able to be produced in a way that maximises profit relative to the high level of technical manufacturing employed in their cases and cabinets/drivers.

With all due respect, but I think that Magico and Richard Mille have vastly different business strategies, with Magico beeing more into making state of the art products (which, by necessity aren't cheap) and Richard Mille more into marketing / wow factor / skim price strategy.

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
With all due respect, but I think that Magico and Richard Mille have vastly different business strategies, with Magico beeing more into making state of the art products (which, by necessity aren't cheap) and Richard Mille more into marketing / wow factor / skim price strategy.

Hi Elberoth,

Your respect is received warmly and gratefully. Not that it’s necessary. What I wrote, after all, is simply an opinion. You’re perfectly entitled to disagree, of course, as is anyone.

Nevertheless, manufacturing drivers out of graphene in-house is no less difficult than making cases out of graphene (or lithium alloy or pure blocks of sapphire). In both cases it’s incredibly complicated and the technological investment is significant. Both Magico and Richard Mille should be applauded for attempting to do something different in a market place of “me-too” wannabes, even if one would still not choose to have a Magico in their living room, or a Richard Mille on their wrist.

Best,

853guy

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
...Richard Mille more into marketing / wow factor / skim price strategy.

And while I don't necessarily think that's true, for a million bucks there's plenty of Audemars Piguet's, Patek Philippe's, Breguet's, A. Lange & Sohne's, and vintage Omega's, Seiko's and Rolex's that could be had. At least, if I had to blow a million on watches, I'd be doing that.

Best,

853guy

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
And while I don't necessarily think that's true, for a million bucks there's plenty of Audemars Piguet's, Patek Philippe's, Breguet's, A. Lange & Sohne's, and vintage Omega's, Seiko's and Rolex's that could be had. At least, if I had to blow a million on watches, I'd be doing that.

Best,

853guy

+1

If I was to spend a $1 mln on a watch, I world rather get the Vacheron Constantin Tour de I'lle - the watch with 834 parts and 16 horological complications:

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

Best,

853guy

After all Ron Resnick went through to teach us about the use of apostrophes, I'm shocked at this glaring error!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?22444-The-Proper-Use-of-the-Apostrophe

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
After all Ron Resnick went through to teach us about the use of apostrophes, I'm shocked at this glaring error!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?22444-The-Proper-Use-of-the-Apostrophe

Nooooooooooo!

Why is it posting on a forum makes one lose one's sense of propriety? I would go and correct my initial post, but with you and Elberoth having already quoted me, my shame is now forever etched in zeros and ones.

Unclean.... Unclean.... Unclean....

853guy

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Nooooooooooo!

Why is it posting on a forum makes one lose one's sense of propriety? I would go and correct my initial post, but with you and Elberoth having already quoted me, my shame is now forever etched in zeros and ones.

Unclean.... Unclean.... Unclean....

853guy

I truly meant my post to be in good humor.

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
I truly meant my post to be in good humor.

Hi Gary,

Yes, of course, that's exactly how I took it. My question was rhetorical, and aimed at myself. Whenever I write in "real life" I try and be exceedingly careful with grammar, punctuation, etc. But as soon as I write in this little box here to post, it all goes out the window. I must be in too much of a hurry to post whatever deep and salient point I think needs to be made, when really... yeah, probably not as important as I think.

Be well, Gary.

853guy

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
Ugh.

What a torrid weekend for McLaren.

I, myself, am left without words. Alonso, however, managed to find some good ones and aimed most of them at Hasegawa-san after the press conference on Saturday, and then at whoever was listening during the race. All in his typically cool, calm and collected Spanish demeanour.

With the Mercedes engine deal all but evaporated, and Honda still unable to explain the MGU-H failures, it's going to be one long, depressing season for a team that seem no better off even without Ron Dennis's micromanagement.

Still, Ferrari make it two out of three, and Mercedes find themselves choosing favourites despite the former World Champ costing himself the win. Had Verstappen's brakes not failed we might have seen a three-team podium. Game on.

853guy

P.S. Come on Kimi!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing