Audio Research @ Alma Music and Audio!

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Alma Music and Audio is very proud to announce our new product line: Audio Research!
Audio as a hobby tends to create legends, because it is, by nature, a very passionate affair. People get attached to products they’ve had long relationships with, and those products, in turn, become legends.
And we’re very proud to now represent one of the true legends in this hobby, Audio Research! As one of the oldest continually operating companies in American high-end audio, Audio Research earned its place in history, with many successful products over its 40 years of existence, many of them that are now true classics.
Because of that prestigious history, and the belief that we, as a dealer, must offer a complete yet cohesive portfolio of products and assembled systems, we’re extremely happy to be able to represent Audio Research in our region!
We have currently some products available for demonstrations, such as the Reference 6 preamp and the GSi75 integrated amp, and more will come in the near future! Here is the entire product line!
Please contact us for more information or an audition!
Thanks,

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Congrats, Alexandre!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Very nice to see your business grow!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Congratulations - IMHO ARC is a reference in the high-end, and represents excellent value for money. An all ARC system is one of the surest and easiest decisions for high-end buyers.

Can we anticipate that this move will be followed by new brands of speakers? :D

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Francisco,

Indeed we're looking to add another brand of speakers. Negotiations are in place, so we'll see how that'll end :)

As for the ARC, I have to admit to being pleasantly surprised. I'll be the first to admit a certain anti-tubes bias, but the Ref 75 + Ref 6 is playing beautifully with the YGs (Carmel 2 only so far).
I'm used to the Carmel 2's beautiful, deep soundstage, specially since we have them like 3 meters (10 foot) from the back wall... But with the ARCs in place, it's a truly "walk in" soundstage! And with the right source, it's glorious!

IMG_0855.jpg
IMG_0863.jpg

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I made a quick video with my iPhone (7 Plus) to show the Ref 75SE+Ref 6 playing the YG Carmel 2s. Some people seem to think they have no bass, and I beg to differ. It's just a matter of properly setting them up.

https://vimeo.com/212208765

Bass was incredible, and that's with a 75W amp. You can see the phone wobble in its stand as the bass notes hit...

cheers,
Alex

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I made a quick video with my iPhone (7 Plus) to show the Ref 75SE+Ref 6 playing the YG Carmel 2s. Some people seem to think they have no bass, and I beg to differ. It's just a matter of properly setting them up.

https://vimeo.com/212208765

Bass was incredible, and that's with a 75W amp. You can see the phone wobble in its stand as the bass notes hit...

cheers,
Alex

Nice. Looks like the little ARC Ref 75SE is just loping. Although, I did see you raise the volume as the music progressed. Sounds very good though...considering it was on my iMac!

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yes, I felt it wasn't loud enough for the video, so I bumped up the volume a little bit... :)

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
IMG_0927.jpg IMG_0928.jpg

Audio Research GS150 + REF 10 on the YG Sonja 1.2. OMFG... 150W is *definitely* enough, at least *those* 150 tube watts!

cheers,
alex

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
It is magical indeed!
I'm surprised how full it sounds on the YG Sonjas. Tube amps are not supposed to drive these speakers that well... But this one does :)

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
It is magical indeed!
I'm surprised how full it sounds on the YG Sonjas. Tube amps are not supposed to drive these speakers that well... But this one does :)

Cool. ARC has pretty low output impedance which may gel with the YGs more like a SS amp.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing