My Magico M3s have just arrived

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
At last I have found some time to move them to my listening room:

I didn’t have to listen yet, apart from 60s sound check. My feeling is that they need 200h-300h burn in which I’m gonna do in the coming week or two.

can i ask what is that at first reflection point in photo to left of speaker?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
How hard is it to get those down onto the Mpods? They don't supply something to lower the rear riggers down with do they?

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
How hard is it to get those down onto the Mpods? They don't supply something to lower the rear riggers down with do they?

It is a two man job.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
No idea - still haven't got a time to install them.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
It is a two man job.

Unless you are me:) I did it solo with no issues, of course I would recommend it as two man job.

To answer the other question about pulling the pins in the MPods (you said QPods) and moving them....that's a NO! One the pins are pulled you don't move them, period. If you have to move them once the MPods are installed you just put the pins back in and then you would be able to easily move them on hardwood or even carpet.

If they are moved at all once the MPods are installed you MUST insert the pins or the elements in the MPods will be damaged.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I guess it is doable solo, but much safer with a help of someone else.

Thanks for the infor regarding the MPods. I din't know you can't move the speakers when the pins are out.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I guess it is doable solo, but much safer with a help of someone else.

Thanks for the infor regarding the MPods. I din't know you can't move the speakers when the pins are out.

Hey Adam, YES, once the speakers are in place you take the pins out and then they should NOT be moved in any way. It's not a big deal to put the pins back in and then move them and then take out the pins again. The bad part is that it would not be visible to see if you damage the MPods by moving them around without the pins inserted.

Taking the pins in and out is also much easier with a friend to help. You have to tip the speaker a bit to get at the pins, so it's good to have someone to do the tipping and then the other person installs/deinstalls the pins. Again, I do it my self in less than 1 minute for each speaker, but much better to have another person available to avoid disaster:)

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I also can add or remove the pin (or MPods themselves) by myself on my M-Pros. You figure out ways...

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
That looks to be a very interesting use of a Pagode amp stand deployed under the computer monitor. No doubt the Album art has never looked so clear in this case :D

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
That looks to be a very interesting use of a Pagode amp stand deployed under the computer monitor. No doubt the Album art has never looked so clear in this case :D

So true :) The monitor is actually not even connected - I use the remote desptop feature to access my PC server.

I used to have a power amp there, but since I bought the monoblocks, the stand has been unoccupied.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Adam,...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
So true :) The monitor is actually not even connected - I use the remote desptop feature to access my PC server.

I'm in the same camp - remote desktop and monitor there for local backup if ever needed. Congratulations! - absolutely beautiful speakers, enjoy!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing