TW Raven 10.5 vs Kuzma 4point

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
Currently have the Raven 10.5 on my TW Raven GT.
The 4point looks impressive and gets a lot of good votes, the question is, will it be an upgrade or a side move from the Raven 10.5?
Would love to hear your experiences.

If you have different recommendations for an arm in the up to $7000 price range feel free to add your impressions.

Thanks!

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I have a Thales Simplicity II on my TW Raven AC-3. Blows my Graham Phantom out of the water. I love it.

My dealer carries both Thales and Kuzma - the Thales is the more neutral sounding tonearm. You also get as close to zero tracking error across the record.

have fun.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
I've heard both the Thales and Kuzma Arms above--I am in agreement with XV-1 the Thales is super clean and detailed with the K 4 Point more robust and fuller sounding--both excellent choices

you pick your poison, plus cartridge choice and compatibility with either arm should also be your determining factor in selection.

We both come to the conclusion that either arm is far superior to the Graham XV-1 mentions.

Good Listening,

BruceD

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
Thanks!

The Simplicity is above my budget, costing ~$9-9.5K.
Any of you auditioned the Raven 10.5?

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Not in my own system--I have a friend with the Raven Arm TW TT setup--sounds good--but I'd venture to say the 4point is better with its Vernier Adjustments for VTA/SRA/ Azimuth/etc an absolute breeze to bring it's performance to SOTA.

I've owned the latter.

BruceD

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Another to add to the list is a Spiral Groove Centroid. I've owned 3 arms on my current table. Triplan, Schroeder LT and the Centroid.

The Centroid is super quiet, best bass texture power of these 3 and just super all around. I've used a Lyra Atlas, Allaerts and Goldfinger Statement so a plays well with diff cartridges.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing