Pass Labs Amp suggestions

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017
Hi,
I am very keen to buy a Pass amp for my Goldenear Triton 1 speakers,i did have a Hegel H360 which was a good amp for the price,but i found it somewhat sterile and a little to clinical and no warmth,
I would appreciate any suggestions on Pass amps that would be a good fit for my speakers,i have been to my local dealer in Lisbon Portugal,unfortunately he only has 2 models and does not do auditions at home,bearing in mind that the Triton speakers have built in power for the subs,i was thinking of the following
XA30.8
XA60.8
X150.8
INT-30A
INT-60
INT-150
I would appreciate any advice,and merits downfalls of these amps and of course i do realise that with sound everything is subjective,i presently use a Marantz receiver for surround sound processing and using the main L and R pre-outs for my triton speakers,with the Hegel amp that i had i used the home cinema pass through which is of course is very useful for the correct sound level,i stream from a MAC Mini using Tidal master via a Meridien Explorer2 MQA dac (which of course will need upgrading to something more suitable in the near future),my musical tastes are mainly from the 70s/80s including Heavy Rock/Metal,Progressive Rock,Pop,Reggae and Electronic such as Kraftwerk,Yello,tangerine Dream etc, and most of the time at easy listening levels,but sometimes i like to crank up the volume,my room is 25m/275',i am more drawn to a nice analogue/tube sounding amp,
thank you in advance for any suggestions
Regards
Glenn Power

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Hi Glen,

Check with Mark at Reno HI Fi to see if they would consider shipping to Europe. This is the "go to" store in the USA for all things Pass. Mark is super customer friendly. Obvious issues are ship details and voltage.

They have an audition / return policy. You would pay for the ship costs.

Good luck.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing