Wonder Woman Official Trailer

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This is happening first before the Justice League, so I'm going to mark the date of WW and watch it.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm surprised too that the enemies of WW are big guns, I was used to her fighting petty thieves on TV, and I didn't watch too may episodes then.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
After seeing this interview, I told myself I really have to watch this movie. :D

I forgot most of what I saw in the trailer, and I watched this out of curiosity and of course, to be entertained. Well, there were some mild humor, and the backdrop of WWI was pretty interesting. And the rest of the movie, I really never expected anything like that kind of plot. Still entertaining.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We saw this today and both of us were entertained. I am not a fan of Comic Book based moved but this one exceeded my expectations. There are a couple of scenes were Gal Godot is simply stunning and I don't mean when she is half dressed.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
There are a couple of scenes were Gal Godot is simply stunning and I don't mean when she is half dressed.

When she first appeared in Batman vs Superman, I wasn't really taken by her looks, (somehow Lynda Carter has stuck inside my mind when it comes to WW) but when I saw that interview with Jimmy Kimmel, her voice, her personality struck me and when she asked Jimmy 'how did you like my breasts?', I knew I had to watch the movie on Day 1. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
http://io9.gizmodo.com/fox-news-gets-mad-that-wonder-woman-isnt-in-her-america-1795783572

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/01/media/wonder-woman-banned-lebanon/index.html
_____

The world is very serious about their movies and their stars.
Too serious? You betcha, it's only a film, entertainment @ the theater, to relax, have fun, have good time...popcorn time.

Her outfit is fine, her looks are fine (she is very pretty and in good shape), she's not Canadian and that's fine too.
Keanu and Charlize are not Americans and all Americans love them...John Wick and Atomic Blonde.
Matt Damon is defending The Great Wall of China, and nobody got hurt during filming.

It's true that our planet is getting warmer and the news are getting more and more superficial and valueless.

I don't know her, Gal Gadot, I only saw her in couple films. In that interview above, I like her; she is alert, pleasing, anticipating, open, defensive and cute. She makes a great super woman.

I like her new wardrobe; Wonder Woman doesn't have only one outfit, she's a modern woman, who likes shopping.
She can come in Canada anytime, I won't ban her. And she can wear anything that pleases her, I won't complain for some silly reasons.
Nobody is an idiot, we all know where Wonder Woman is coming from in all our hearts. FOX news, get a grip and treat your viewers as well educated and intelligent adults.

It's getting real tiring lots of the news out there, really, they insult all their viewers by taking them for what they are not, a bunch of imbeciles.
There's enough problems in the world as it is, we don't need the TV news to create more by acting like monkeys with us.
The news people and their surroundings need to go out more, watch movies, in 3D, and go to live music concerts, ballets and operas.
Go for a stroll in the park, on the mountain of trees and cougars/squirrels, with Gal Gadot, with Wonder Woman.

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
My wife and I just went to see Wonder Woman. She usually has no interest in action flicks but she did enjoy this one.

She also beat the heck out of me in the theater....just kidding. :D

It was a fun romp for about two hours. Unfortunately the movie ran 2 hours and 20 minutes. That's probably my issue since I have about a 2 hour tolerance for sitting in a movie theater.

Unless I hadn't been aware in advance that a woman directed the movie I wouldn't have known. As action movies go, it was well done so kudos to Patty Jenkins.

Had no problem with a woman cast as the hero of the movie. Chris Pratt had plenty of screen time, too, as the "co-hero."

Also had no objection to an Israeli being the star. Gal Gadot was quite good in that role. Apparently some people objected to that.

Guess I should have refreshed my knowledge of Greek mythology before going to the movie. I suppose fundamentalists could have some religious objection to that aspect of the movie as well.

Anyway, it was a fun movie and that's all that mattered to me. Definitely got my $5.00 worth.

Had a gyros platter after the movie and that was good as well.

Very pleasant afternoon and that was good enough for me.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Your wife; how is her level of violence tolerance? Wonder Woman wasn't too violent?
I agree with you that after sitting for two hours in a theater, it's a bit long.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Your wife; how is her level of violence tolerance? Wonder Woman wasn't too violent?
I agree with you that after sitting for two hours in a theater, it's a bit long.

Neither one of us are big on blood and guts in movies, especially if it gets too graphic.

She can probably take more of that than I can. My tolerance level is relatively low.

In these comic book movies there is violence but its not so graphic that she (or I ) find it to to be an issue.

As I recall the movie is rated PG13 so they can't be too explicit.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
what will be your claim? above average?

Well, I think not in the league of Lynda Carter, who zoomed to TV fame when I was like only 18 so that, or those, created a very lasting impression. But Gal's are slightly above average. :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Neither one of us are big on blood and guts in movies, especially if it gets too graphic.

She can probably take more of that than I can. My tolerance level is relatively low.

In these comic book movies there is violence but its not so graphic that she (or I ) find it to to be an issue.

As I recall the movie is rated PG13 so they can't be too explicit.

Logan is taken directly from the comic books. Did you see Logan? Skip it if like some of my best friends you cannot tolerate graphic violence...all that red jazz.
I have no idea about Wonder Woman, only that she is pretty, strong, and that the film was directed by another woman. The PG13 is a good seal of reassurance.
Nowadays peaceful movies are very welcome. But Marvel and DC comics aren't based on peace, they are based on the world's worst evils fighting the city's top protectors, super heroes who keep a vigilant eye open on their sleeping cities. Without bad guys there wouldn't be super man and wonder woman. Every single city in the world needs their super heroes, men and women. ...Uncorrupted super heroes taken from the written comic books of fiction. If comic books were real our world might be in better shape than what it is now.

I want to see Wonder Woman, with my good peaceful friends.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
? 'Wonder Woman 2' Confirmed | Slash Film

‘Wonder Woman 2’ Development Confirmed By Zack Snyder
Posted on Monday, May 15th, 2017 by Peter Sciretta

The big push for Wonder Woman is just beginning, but Warner Bros is already developing a sequel to their first female-led superhero film. But Wonder Woman 2 won’t be the next female superhero movie to hit the screen as part of DC’s Extended Universe. Here’s everything we know.

Zack Snyder has revealed that Warner Bros. is already planning a Wonder Woman sequel. The filmmaker apparently made the revelation while promoting Wonder Woman on the red carpet at a Shanghai press event. Arthur Wong, who was in attendance for the presentation, says that Deborah Snyder, co-founder of Cruel and Unusual Films and producer of the DCEU movies, clarified that the next DC female-led superhero movie would be Joss Whedon’s Batgirl. So while Wonder Woman 2 is in development, it’ll be a little while – Batgirl will come out first and that was just announced.

While Wong was clearly present at the event (his Twitter feed is filled with updates and photos from the presentation), we have been unable to confirm this news with Snyder’s representatives. As of publication, our email has not been returned.

Director Patty Jenkins’ film won’t hit theaters until June 2, 2017, and the early box office tracking is projecting anywhere from a $65 to $105 million opening weekend. How well the film does (or doesn’t) do will naturally determine if a Wonder Woman sequel will go into production. Regardless, Gal Gadot will be reprising her role as the Amazonian warrior in the Justice League team-up movie, which is set to hit theaters on November 17, 2017. A sequel to that film was originally announced for June 14, 2019, but it is now undated.

At WonderCon, DC head Geoff Johns was unable to confirm a Wonder Woman 2 as part of the company’s slate of superhero movies. I’m sure if Wonder Woman does well, Warner Bros. could make a sequel announcement as early as San Diego Comic-Con this July. It’s unclear if Patty Jenkins would return for a second film, but it seems likely. I recently spoke to Johns at a DC films-related reception and he teased that he and Jenkins had finally figured out how to bring Wonder Woman’s invisible jet to the big screen, which seems to suggest she’s involved in sequel talks.

And last month, Jenkins expressed her excitement to work on future Wonder Woman films:

[“I’m excited for her to come to America and become the Wonder Woman we are all familiar with from having grown up around her as an American superhero. I’d like to bring her a little farther along into the future and have a fun, exciting storyline that is its own thing. Wonder Woman 1 is so much about her becoming the person she is. I can’t wait to spring forward with who she is and have another great standalone superhero film.”]

Wonder Woman will hit theaters on June 2, 2017.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It is only when I started to watch The Big Bang Theory that I realized how many fans of comic books there are. :D Well I actually entered a comic books store in Boston but it had some vinyl and the latter was my purpose of entering. I personally just read a few that were lent to me in the grade school days. Archie, Richie Rich and Lotta comes to mind. :) So I never would have known or thought the origins of WW is tied up to the Zeus mythology. But it's all good to know now. :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
It is only when I started to watch The Big Bang Theory that I realized how many fans of comic books there are. I personally just read a few that were lent to me in the grade school days. Archie, Richie Rich and Lotta comes to mind. :) So I never would have known or thought the origins of WW is tied up to the Zeus mythology. But it's all good to know now. :)

The Greeks, Mount Olympus, Rome, Egypt, Turkey, Hercules, Diana, ... • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympians_(Marvel_Comics)

"The Olympians are a race of extra-dimensional beings that possess a variety of mystical superhuman abilities that were once worshipped by civilizations centered on or around the Mediterranean, Agean, Ionian, Tyrrhenian and Ligurian seas such as Greece, the Roman Empire and parts of Egypt and Turkey as gods from roughly 2500 BC until roughly 500 AD. The Olympians are related to every other pantheon of gods that have ever been worshiped on Earth, such as the Asgardians and the Gods of Heliopolis (ancient Egypt) because Gaea, the spirit that represents life on Earth, was the mother of the first race of gods to appear on Earth. The various pantheons that exist today are the descendants of these earlier gods. It is believed that the Olympians were born somewhere on Earth but currently reside in another dimension that is adjacent to Earth known as Olympus. One known entrance to this realm is actually located atop Mount Olympus in Greece."

? http://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/2014/05/07/the-new-wonder-woman-and-greek-mythology/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing