jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looks good.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looks like they're going all in on this with an epic battle that makes the one in Return of the King look small. Never thought I'd see the day where Aquaman looked more badass than everybody else :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looks like they're going all in on this with an epic battle that makes the one in Return of the King look small. Never thought I'd see the day where Aquaman looked more badass than everybody else :D

Jack, I'm reminded of a WWE pro wrestler who looks like Aquaman. :D

And I'm feeling Gal Gadot really looks good as Wonder Woman, she fits the character to the T. That, from me who grew up with Linda Carter as WW on TV.

And where is Superman? :D

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah

My 6 year old daughter is more badass than Affleck no matter how much padding they stuff in his suit! Sucked big time in the last Batman vs Superman movie, don't know why they brought him back again.

david

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I don't mind super heroes from comic strips; they're fun and distracting from the real sick life of some of our world's leaders and the medias who report them distorted.

I'd like to see Justice Legs versus Suicide Squat. :b
_____

There's a reason why flicks like those make piles of cash. Kids love comics. They are not worst than UK's Harry Potter. I love The Lord of the Rings though, and Tron. ...The Hobbit too.
This is America, and the comic's designers and writers know what sells and doesn't. We'll never get out of it...it's a big money machine for Hollywood; they know it and the kids are their best allies (money revenues).

It's all fun. :b Pure adrenaline entertainment on our screens and with sound mayhem all around...brain disorder in a society we all created. :D
_______

If only intelligent films were presented we wouldn't be called the American continent. :D
Our origin is the Vikings, so it all makes perfect sense: http://www.historytoday.com/s-frederick-starr/so-who-did-discover-america

Thor, Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Hulk, Iron Man...they are all Vikings, with body armors ... http://marvel.com/comics/characters

We love watching our ancestors perform onscreen and wipe the axes of all villains. It's in us, in our mentality.
We cannot get rid of the bad guys in real life, of the bad dictators, so we rely on films to compensate of what we cannot do in reality.
It's a psychological effect with zero positive results in real life. That's why we always have to leave our brain outside the door when watching all those mega money maker blockbusters. It's all for fun, for the colors, the flying super humans with super powers. ...Good vs evil. ...Adam, Eve, the apple and the snake. ...Planet Earth II. ...Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them...bigger, larger, higher, in the mystical world of magic and all that world's jazz.

We have our heroes...Lance Armstrong, Ant-Man, Green Lantern, King Kong, ... UK has Harry Potter and James Bound, China has theirs, Russia, Japan with Godzilla, India, Indonesia, Australia, France, Ireland, Iceland, Greenland, ... we all have our super heroes and it goes with all our histories...Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, Ramses, X-Men, ...

I saw the trailer for 'Justice League' the other day. I was going to post it; I waited till someone else did. :b Lol

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
There's a reason why flicks like those make piles of cash. Kids love comics.

unfortunately that is who the major film studios are pandering to nowadays as it all boils down to the bottom line and these mindless movies make money

Sorry Bob, but I just don't watch crap like this. But that's just me

Give me a great drama or a gut wrenching comedy or a biopic and that's why I go to the movies. This other stuff is just crap IMHO but that's what fills the theaters

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I'm with you Steve; that's what I said: "It's a psychological effect with zero positive results in real life. That's why we always have to leave our brain outside the door when watching all those mega money maker blockbusters." ...In that genre of comic super heroes. When I was six I was chewing gum and collecting Batman cards. :b

Intellectually/life advancement/emotionally I gain nothing from most films of that genre. It's all superficial...for the external senses.
...Sensory entertainment; what most movies aim for because it pays.

They represent our young generation's culture. ...Not necessarily worst than our older generation's culture.
The films we like go with our life's education, with our values, with our senses and sensibilities, with our own cultures.

Number one is the message, and how it is constructed. ...The cinematography, the music score, the actors/actresses performances.
'Deadpool', 'Suicide Squat', 'Batman vs Superman', 'Captain America', 'Thor', 'The Hulk', 'Ultra-Man', 'Ant-Man', 'Speedo-Man', Iron-Man', 'Wonder-Woman', 'Fantastic Four', ...it's all about fights between the protectors (the good police) and the bad guys (violent perpetrators and predators on the innocents). It's a big human part of the planet we live on...Earth.

I watched 'Fantastic Beasts ...' last night in 3D. If my heart is into it I might write a short review.
Tonight I might watch 'Planet Earth II' on Blu-ray. ...Couple episodes or more ...

Films and documentaries are like hi-fi stereo sound systems; some we like others we don't. It don't matter how much we pay and how much they made.
It is all irrelevant in the true matters of things all life.

'Justice League' I won't go see it @ the theater, but if the 3D Blu-ray provides immersive entertainment I might capitulate. :b

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I must say Bob that this past weekend my wife and I decided to watch a movie On Demand. I read all the reviews that you guys write here and value everyone's opinion and taste and often learn new things. Well after perusing all the new movies released on demand I picked one that you and many others commented positively about. Plus it had as well a respected actor and Oscar nominee. We decided to watch Dr. Strange. After all Benedict Cumberbatch is a gifted actor. Well suffice it to say I just couldn't get into it even with the cast of cameo great stars. Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One with her bald head must have been paid a fortune to do that as she looked bad ass ugly. For me the movie was a big yawn. I can see how the film studios hire big name celebrities to play the roles as their ROI is so great. By the same token it's huge cash for the actors

Look at Robert Downey Jr who IMO is an exceptionally gifted actor. Well now to the world this gifted actor is known as Iron Man but he's laughing all the way to the bank. Look how many movies he's been in with this role. What has he done since

It's all about the money Bob

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I must say Bob that this past weekend my wife and I decided to watch a movie On Demand. I read all the reviews that you guys write here and value everyone's opinion and taste and often learn new things. Well after perusing all the new movies released on demand I picked one that you and many others commented positively about. Plus it had as well a respected actor and Oscar nominee. We decided to watch Dr. Strange. After all Benedict Cumberbatch is a gifted actor. Well suffice it to say I just couldn't get into it even with the cast of cameo great stars. Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One with her bald head must have been paid a fortune to do that as she looked bad ass ugly. For ne the movie was a big yawn. I can see how the film studios hire big name celebrities to play the roles as their ROI is so great. By the same token it's huge dash for the actors

Look at Robert Downey Jr who IMO is an exceptionally gifted actor. Well now to the world this gifted actor is known as Iron Man but he's laughing all the way to the bank. Look how many movies he's been in with this role. What has he done since

I found Dr. Strange very boring too, the animation was much better. Will be watching the new Wolverine soon, looks like it will have enough bite and edge to be enjoyable; I hope!

david

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I found Dr. Strange very boring too, the animation was much better. Will be watching the new Wolverine soon, looks like it will have enough bite and edge to be enjoyable; I hope!

david

Wolverine is average. Can miss

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The only superhero movie I liked was Batman Begins and that was because of Liam Neeson - amazing dialogues too, even though they did not have to write many for second half as the dialogues from the first half get repeated

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Logan, was a pretty decent movie. I thought it was so much better than Dr. Strange, which was ok I guess. I'm of coarse judging these based on, well, comic book movies.

Ben Affleck sucks so bad he could suck a golf ball through a garden hose. Batman? Ugh...

The biggest thing typically holding these movies back is the studio morons. They try to pull the same BS they do with all the movies, and rewrite characters as they please. Fans HATE them destroying loved characters and stories to the point of no return. In fact Deadpool, with no budget, rocked the box because Ryan Reynolds and co got to get close to making what fans wanted.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I must say Bob that this past weekend my wife and I decided to watch a movie On Demand. I read all the reviews that you guys write here and value everyone's opinion and taste and often learn new things. Well after perusing all the new movies released on demand I picked one that you and many others commented positively about. Plus it had as well a respected actor and Oscar nominee. We decided to watch Dr. Strange. After all Benedict Cumberbatch is a gifted actor. Well suffice it to say I just couldn't get into it even with the cast of cameo great stars. Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One with her bald head must have been paid a fortune to do that as she looked bad ass ugly. For me the movie was a big yawn. I can see how the film studios hire big name celebrities to play the roles as their ROI is so great. By the same token it's huge cash for the actors

I am quoting you because I am in agreement with what you've just said. The films with real artistic values and splendid cinematography and beautiful music are not making money; so the real artists...filmmakers, camera operators, actors and actresses don't go there anymore...they go where they get the fat paychecks and they don't mind to leave the real art of their profession dying @ the museum of beaux-arts.
So yes I fully agree with today's reality in that regard. And the zillion of reviewers out there reflect that reality too with the movie industry and the comic super heroes through their reviews. There are some bad ones, and there are some even badder ones. The good ones are not everyone's cup of tea, just like Kung Fu movies. Bollywood movies, with beautiful romances?

Today (in America, and abroad) it's the CGI computers and special sound effect mixing consoles with the mixers behind them and the computers nerds who control the decadence of the movie empire, along with Hollywood's gold plated money machine with chrome encrusted of big karat diamonds.

Another thing that is always the repeating theme that sells among our youngsters and not so young: Violence. ...Machine guns, axes, baseball bats, grenades, bombs, dynamite sticks, poisonous arrows, war jet planes, warheads, Apache helicopters, warships, cannons, laser rays, ...everything/anything that can kill the other side of what needs to be destroyed is used for our satisfying pleasure...part of the dark side of human nature...along with sexploitation. I agree with Donald Trump's wife: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...are-public-appearances-lady-article-1.3012914
{She seems to be reading @ left and @ right, never looking @ the audience in the middle...us the camera and them the centered audience.}

And the movie industry has a huge influence in our youth, in our mentality, in our culture. This is no political subject, but strictly real life and movie's influence on our societies.
Music and films are messages of power, harmony, and real life. It would be swell if all was The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, John Coltrane, Lawrence of Arabia, Casablanca, The Wizard of Oz, Miles Davis, Beauty and the Beast, Billie Holiday, Lord of the Rings, Chet Baker, BBC Planet Earth I and II, Sarah Vaughan, Citizen Kane, Patricia Barber, Mouse Hunt, Holly Cole, Young Frankenstein, ...all that great cinema and movie jazz from the Charleston dance and Charlie Chaplin and Louise Brooks silent cinema era. But we live in 2017 and still haven't learned from history with today's Syria and racism in America, spies from the CIA and Russia, China, North Korea, nuclear reactors from Japan, Russia and USA, gold and diamonds from Africa, mass human exterminations, oil from Arabia, from Texas, from Canada, from Venezuela, poverty from Brazil, crime from Atlanta, drugs from Mexico, smugglers from Florida, cultivation from Bolivia and Colombia, mafia from Italy, women and black exploitation and slavery from all around the world.
We created violence and it spreads all over our screens with what we're just talking about now. Power is the money gain, so that we can asphyxiate the ones below.

We have a big problem on this planet; it's the law of the jungle...kill or be killed. Man's his own predator.

In that perspective what can we say and do Steve? How should we review films so that everyone is happy to be on the same page?
With nothing else than our true hearts without any wrong influences around to impede our righteous and fair and balanced judgement in the jungle we all live in.
That's a task for the monks living high up in the mountains of Tibet, free of cable TV.

'Justice League' yeah right on...what true justice, and what real life's league? ...Only in the movies because it reflects lightly all the diseases contained in our imperfect world of humanity.

Again, last night I watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (in 3D).
Compared to Doctor Strange (also in 3D), the former is less violent overall but still nonetheless (I won't spoil the grand finale).
Everything with man has to do with power, control, money, exploitation, and corruption. And violence is one way to amends ends meet.

'Justice League'. It'll make tons of cash...it's just the way it is. Kids will love it, and others will stay away from it...like the young student monks from the high mountains of Tibet.
______

Edit: Regarding my own mini-review of 'Doctor Strange' in (((3D))) on Blu ? http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...-what-was-it-*&p=439074&viewfull=1#post439074
I ranked it quite high...@ 88 (overall). That's entertainment into the 3rd dimensional stratosphere, with my brain outside the movie theater.
______

* Extra (not related, just for pure "amazon" fun): https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...come-world-s-second-richest-with-amazon-surge

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

david

This guy?

He's 'unkillable', and he cuts all his enemies with razor blade knifes emerging from his knuckles. Women love his body, and his Australian accent, and overall charming attitude. He's an X-Men without equals, a force to be reckon with in constant resurrection.

I hope he comes in 3D. :b

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing