Shunyata Denali and Sigma Power Cords

Zorro

Jan 21, 2017
Hi everyone,

I know this must have been discussed a thousand times before but I wanted to share my short experience with Shunyata products with everyone on this thread.

I have read a few glowing reviews of Shunyata products in the past but never really had the chance to try Shunyata products until about two months ago when I decided to buy the Denali 2000T. The Denali 2000T was my first power conditioner and I felt that it made some improvements in my system. However, after a while (a very short while), I found myself visiting my Shunyata dealer again. I was fortunate to meet the boss and he offered to loan me the Sigma HC power cord to try out. I felt it was overkill for my headphone setup (I have the Chord Dave) but I was told to give it a go. I connected the Sigma HC from wall to my Denali 2000T and was taken aback by the richer dynamics coming out of my headphone. I never quite expected a power cord to have quite this much an impact on the overall sound. My Analog HC power cord paled in comparison. So after a few days of testing, I went back to my dealer and decided that if I was to buy the Sigma HC PC, I might as well buy me a Denali 6000S :) Knowing that I was already "poisoned", my dealer offered me to test out the Sigma Analog power cord.

It has been slightly more than a week of testing and I can confidently say that there is something special about these Sigma power cords working in combination with the Denali power conditioner. I am getting a noticeably richer sound with wider soundstage and better details. To be fair, I felt that the Sigma HC PC is slightly better than the Sigma Analog PC when connected from wall to the 6000S. But the Sigma Analog PC is still a very good performer. Also (but I am not 100% sure about this) I felt that the Denali 6000S was slightly better than the Denali 2000T. As good as the Denali 2000T is, I felt that the sound through the Denali 6000S is richer and more transparent.

What I learned from my testing over the last couple of weeks was that the power cord from the wall going to the power conditioner is critical. I believe Caelin and Grant have mentioned this before. You should get the best cable you can afford. The Sigma HC power cord costs quite a bit more than the Sigma Analog but if you can find the money to buy it, you will not be disappointed. Now is a great opportunity to purchase these Sigma power cords as most dealers are offering discounts for them in view of the new NR power cords that will soon be introduced. I am not too concerned about the performance of the NR power cords as I believe they will be very similar in performance to the current Sigmas. I hope I am not wrong :D

It has been an exciting journey and I thoroughly enjoyed myself testing and ending up owning several Shunyata products in the end.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing