Kawero speakers from Kaiser Acoustics

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Yes only in Munich, so might be the room. When I said 2016 I meant in Munich, should have specified.

I thought so :). I can say with confidence that the Kagura can drive the Kawero without any problems at all. In smaller rooms they say that 18 watts are enough, that I have not tried myself. But 30 was fine. The Absolare Integrated that I use is a great match with these speakers. But I am thinking about buying an extra amp myself, an EL 34 based Integrated. Just for fun, nothing very expensive. 30 watts or so, I love the sound of EL 34 amplifiers.

JP

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I've heard these in Munich and thought they were superb there. I heard them again back in the UK driven by VTL S-400 and again was impressed. The only thing that held me back was the cost - in UK-terms these are very costly speakers, so a "budget" line could be very interesting.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I thought so :). I can say with confidence that the Kagura can drive the Kawero without any problems at all. In smaller rooms they say that 18 watts are enough, that I have not tried myself. But 30 was fine. The Absolare Integrated that I use is a great match with these speakers. But I am thinking about buying an extra amp myself, an EL 34 based Integrated. Just for fun, nothing very expensive. 30 watts or so, I love the sound of EL 34 amplifiers.

JP

I love EL34 too. I started a thread here asking for recommendations on best EL34 amps. After you get your second amp I would like to visit

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I've heard these in Munich and thought they were superb there. I heard them again back in the UK driven by VTL S-400 and again was impressed. The only thing that held me back was the cost - in UK-terms these are very costly speakers, so a "budget" line could be very interesting.

Was this at Right note? Jeremy?

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway

They are expensive, but also built without any cost considerations. The Panzerholz f ex is from what I have heard 20 times more expensive than MDF and very difficult to process. You need special tools. All drivers are custom made for Kaiser and the laquer takes weeks to be finished. And so on....

Yes, a cheaper line is a good move from Kaiser. If I remember correctly they aim at 10K, 18K and 30 K in Euro. For the pair.

JP

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
I love EL34 too. I started a thread here asking for recommendations on best EL34 amps. After you get your second amp I would like to visit

Well, the best EL 34 amp might be the Kondo Overture. But to buy that one as an extra amp is a no go :). I was thinking about maybe the Ars-Sonum Filarmonia from Spain. Hand built, extremly open sounding 30 watt amp. This guy knows what he is doing, everything is matched etc.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Well, the best EL 34 amp might be the Kondo Overture. But to buy that one as an extra amp is a no go :). I was thinking about maybe the Ars-Sonum Filarmonia from Spain. Hand built, extremly open sounding 30 watt amp. This guy knows what he is doing, everything is matched etc.

I have heard that. It is not as good as the Kronzilla when compared on a speaker I have heard but was quite good for the money. Good control and dynamics and drive so should work

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
Like to share

My Kaiser Acoustics Kawero!
The CLASSIC C3
with Full KONDO Wiring and cross
including Twitter Alignment face plate
and Bi-Wire Design with Kondo sp2.7 Jumpers.

INCREDIBLY FINE SPEAKERS.

Driven by PILIUM Audio ACHILLES + ALEXANDER
and Lampizator DAC
Server by Request Audio the Raptor

Cables from Siltech Royal Signature!

Screenshot_20230410-143448_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230410-143455_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230410-143504_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230410-143530_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230410-143554_Gallery.jpg 20220322_201626.jpg 20230113_130525.jpg 20230113_130541.jpg 20230113_130602.jpg
20230323_140811.jpg

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
  • Haha
Reactions: XV-1

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Is this the start of you changing over to SETs Shane?

Ked, if I had the $$ and more rooms I would have a couple of systems. Horns with set would be the other.

Hessec

Oct 27, 2018
Southlake TX
Like to share

My Kaiser Acoustics Kawero!
The CLASSIC C3
with Full KONDO Wiring and cross
including Twitter Alignment face plate
and Bi-Wire Design with Kondo sp2.7 Jumpers.

INCREDIBLY FINE SPEAKERS.

Driven by PILIUM Audio ACHILLES + ALEXANDER
and Lampizator DAC
Server by Request Audio the Raptor

Cables from Siltech Royal Signature!

View attachment 107593 View attachment 107594
View attachment 107595 View attachment 107596 View attachment 107597 View attachment 107598 View attachment 107599 View attachment 107600 View attachment 107601
I still love mine almost a decade later!! Great speakers

Reactions: itay123

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
I still love mine almost a decade later!! Great speakers

Would you like to share your setup status in these days ?

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
Heard The Classic Kaweros like mine at my local dealer with many different amp approach,
Absolare
Nagra
Msb
Ypsilon
Dagostino
And Pilium (sounded best)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Heard The Classic Kaweros like mine at my local dealer with many different amp approach,
Absolare
Nagra
Msb
Ypsilon
Dagostino
And Pilium (sounded best)
Fantastic way to learn more about amps. How did the Pilium compare with the Ypsilon or D'Agostino which are both brands I have heard and liked.

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
Fantastic way to learn more about amps. How did the Pilium compare with the Ypsilon or D'Agostino which are both brands I have heard and liked.

Hi
All brands are excellent, each in their own way, I heard most of them on my local dealer, with the same preamplifier built in on the MSB Reference dac.

I also heard their integrated version, Absolare Signature, D'agostino momentom integrated, pilium Leonidas and more...

with Pilium
I felt that there was more Cleaner, quieter sense, more background, felt more definition and control, a kind of feeling also that all went down on more octave.

The matching was also meaningful and I tested in most cases with:

siltech
echole
shunyata

It was a DEMO that took about a year and a half

pilium replaced a set of karan acoustics Reference kas600+kal mk3.

Kaiser acoustics classic kawero C3 was in the selection and possible purchase in front of Wilson's Alexx (the Alexx Were supposed to replace the maxx-2)

All are the Highest and respectable brands.

Last edited:
Reactions: Birdwatcher

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank
Hi
All brands are excellent, each in their own way, I heard most of them on my local dealer, with the same preamplifier built in on the MSB Reference dac.

I also heard their integrated version, Absolare Signature, D'agostino momentom integrated, pilium Leonidas and more...

with Pilium
I felt that there was more Cleaner, quieter sense, more background, felt more definition and control, a kind of feeling also that all went down on more octave.

The matching was also meaningful and I tested in most cases with:

siltech
echole
shunyata

It was a DEMO that took about a year and a half

pilium replaced a set of karan acoustics Reference kas600+kal mk3.

Kaiser acoustics classic kawero C3 was in the selection and possible purchase in front of Wilson's Alexx (the Alexx Were supposed to replace the maxx-2)

All are the Highest and respectable brands.
Thank you. Interesting...and in many ways, quieter greater depth and power/control seem consistent with what I have heard from others.

Reactions: itay123

Hessec

Oct 27, 2018
Southlake TX
Thank

Thank you. Interesting...and in many ways, quieter greater depth and power/control seem consistent with what I have heard from others.
What I hear with Pilium is better timbre which results in a more realistic natural sound that can only be rivaled by very well executed tube amps. Quieter, I’m not sure. Musical yes. This being said, I haven’t listened to pilium on the kaisers. That being said, I don’t and can’t (like most or all) judge a system on its neutrality to the original source but rather how “it makes me feel”. Right or wrong…. Am I emotionally involved? In the end that’s what matters to ME most. That is what the kawero excels at.

Reactions: heihei and itay123

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
What I hear with Pilium is better timbre which results in a more realistic natural sound that can only be rivaled by very well executed tube amps. Quieter, I’m not sure. Musical yes. This being said, I haven’t listened to pilium on the kaisers. That being said, I don’t and can’t (like most or all) judge a system on its neutrality to the original source but rather how “it makes me feel”. Right or wrong…. Am I emotionally involved? In the end that’s what matters to ME most. That is what the kawero excels at.
Thanks for that. Timbre is very very nuanced, subtle and often something that professional musicians comment on if they are asked to listen critically to systems. Would be intrigued to hear Pilium...and in my mind, compare with Gryphon which I have owned for nearly 12 years until moving to the Robert Kodas. It was the Pilium's muscular powerful design that originally intrigued me given its comparable design/specs which I was enjoying immensely with Gryphon.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing