Kawero speakers from Kaiser Acoustics

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Hi.
I am starting a new thread for owners and maybe potential owners of these very special speakers from Germany. I just received my Kawero Classic and I have used with great pleasure their smaller Chiara previously. My system is described in my signatur and I am lucky to have a dedicated listening room. The room is acoustically treated with Spline Diffusors and Leading Edge panels, also products from Kaiser Acoustics.

I know their speakers well so feel free to ask any question in this thread. I am also interested in user feedback from other owners of these speakers. Thanks.

JP

Reactions: itay123

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looking forward to seeing some pictures JP :D

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Hi.
I am starting a new thread for owners and maybe potential owners of these very special speakers from Germany. I just received my Kawero Classic and I have used with great pleasure their smaller Chiara previously. My system is described in my signatur and I am lucky to have a dedicated listening room. The room is acoustically treated with Spline Diffusors and Leading Edge panels, also products from Kaiser Acoustics.

I know their speakers well so feel free to ask any question in this thread. I am also interested in user feedback from other owners of these speakers. Thanks.

JP

+1 +1

JGlacken

Mar 4, 2011
You mean with all that money, you take pics with a cell phone? :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
There are demo units being sold with good discounts from Rhapsody Audio in New York City. Look here:
http://rhapsody.audio/items-for-sale...mos-trade-ins/

I also know that Goldmund has done DSP work with their Telos amps to perfectly match them to the Kawero, according to an article from 6Moons a few years back.

I have actually seen these babies at Goldmund once in the Reception area when I stopped by the Geneva factory a couple years ago.

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
There are demo units being sold with good discounts from Rhapsody Audio in New York City. Look here:
http://rhapsody.audio/items-for-sale...mos-trade-ins/

I also know that Goldmund has done DSP work with their Telos amps to perfectly match them to the Kawero, according to an article from 6Moons a few years back.

I have actually seen these babies at Goldmund once in the Reception area when I stopped by the Geneva factory a couple years ago.

I have heard the Kawero Classic with Goldmund amps and that sounded awesome!

JP

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Lovely choice. An audio buddy has got Kaiser speakers with Koda and Kondo amps - sublime.

34962869845_28372ec84d_h.jpg

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Both the Kaweros (with Kondo) and Absolare integrated (with Rockport) sounded excellent in Munich.

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Kaiser Acoustics will soon launch a new more affordable line of speakers. This in addition to their current line up. World premiere will be this month in France.
First listening tests are very positive, as one can expect from this manufacturer. From what I heard there will be two floorstanding and one standmount speaker.

JP

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I thought with the Kondo they sounded very under driven. The piano concerto and symphonies I tried in 2016 just didn't work, I think they need more amp oomph

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
I thought with the Kondo they sounded very under driven. The piano concerto and symphonies I tried in 2016 just didn't work, I think they need more amp oomph

Do you mean the Kawero and Kondo Kagura mono blocks? The Kawero can easily be driven by tube amps from 25 watts, they are an easy load. I have tried with 30 watts 845 amp with very good results. If you heard them in Munich they have a very large room to fill. But of course, you heard what you heard :).

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Do you mean the Kawero and Kondo Kagura mono blocks? The Kawero can easily be driven by tube amps from 25 watts, they are an easy load. I have tried with 30 watts 845 amp with very good results. If you heard them in Munich they have a very large room to fill. But of course, you heard what you heard :).

Yes only in Munich, so might be the room. When I said 2016 I meant in Munich, should have specified.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing