Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kawero speakers from Kaiser Acoustics

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Yes only in Munich, so might be the room. When I said 2016 I meant in Munich, should have specified.
    I thought so . I can say with confidence that the Kagura can drive the Kawero without any problems at all. In smaller rooms they say that 18 watts are enough, that I have not tried myself. But 30 was fine. The Absolare Integrated that I use is a great match with these speakers. But I am thinking about buying an extra amp myself, an EL 34 based Integrated. Just for fun, nothing very expensive. 30 watts or so, I love the sound of EL 34 amplifiers.

JP
    Absolare Passion V2 Integrated, Kharma S7 Signature speakers, PS Audio Direct Stream dac (with Bridge2) and Memory player. In a dedicated listening room.

I've heard these in Munich and thought they were superb there. I heard them again back in the UK driven by VTL S-400 and again was impressed. The only thing that held me back was the cost - in UK-terms these are very costly speakers, so a "budget" line could be very interesting.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jep123 View Post
    I thought so . I can say with confidence that the Kagura can drive the Kawero without any problems at all. In smaller rooms they say that 18 watts are enough, that I have not tried myself. But 30 was fine. The Absolare Integrated that I use is a great match with these speakers. But I am thinking about buying an extra amp myself, an EL 34 based Integrated. Just for fun, nothing very expensive. 30 watts or so, I love the sound of EL 34 amplifiers.

JP
    I love EL34 too. I started a thread here asking for recommendations on best EL34 amps. After you get your second amp I would like to visit
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heihei View Post
    I've heard these in Munich and thought they were superb there. I heard them again back in the UK driven by VTL S-400 and again was impressed. The only thing that held me back was the cost - in UK-terms these are very costly speakers, so a "budget" line could be very interesting.
    Was this at Right note? Jeremy?
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by heihei View Post
    They are expensive, but also built without any cost considerations. The Panzerholz f ex is from what I have heard 20 times more expensive than MDF and very difficult to process. You need special tools. All drivers are custom made for Kaiser and the laquer takes weeks to be finished. And so on....

Yes, a cheaper line is a good move from Kaiser. If I remember correctly they aim at 10K, 18K and 30 K in Euro. For the pair.

JP
    Absolare Passion V2 Integrated, Kharma S7 Signature speakers, PS Audio Direct Stream dac (with Bridge2) and Memory player. In a dedicated listening room.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    I love EL34 too. I started a thread here asking for recommendations on best EL34 amps. After you get your second amp I would like to visit
    Well, the best EL 34 amp might be the Kondo Overture. But to buy that one as an extra amp is a no go . I was thinking about maybe the Ars-Sonum Filarmonia from Spain. Hand built, extremly open sounding 30 watt amp. This guy knows what he is doing, everything is matched etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jep123 View Post
    Well, the best EL 34 amp might be the Kondo Overture. But to buy that one as an extra amp is a no go . I was thinking about maybe the Ars-Sonum Filarmonia from Spain. Hand built, extremly open sounding 30 watt amp. This guy knows what he is doing, everything is matched etc.
    I have heard that. It is not as good as the Kronzilla when compared on a speaker I have heard but was quite good for the money. Good control and dynamics and drive so should work

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    I have heard that. It is not as good as the Kronzilla when compared on a speaker I have heard but was quite good for the money. Good control and dynamics and drive so should work
    We will see, stay tuned .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123