IMG_0615.JPG
IMG_0616.JPG
IMG_0605.JPG
IMG_0611.JPG

Reactions: Ugc

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Very nice system! Tell us more about the power breaker panel and the "FRANK" power amp storage boxes. Are these for the Vitus amps?
Also, in one of your recent posts you said you used (or perhaps tried) the Schnerzinger loom of cables. Did you keep them?
(Also, you might want to edit and rotate some of the photos 90 deg)
Marty

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
DIY Subpanel by Tan HF bro , a member here as well. Silver plated copper plates with cryoed MCB & ELCB. 3 Frank power bank connected to elcb serving the whole system. Definitely not power restricted . Expanded my soundstage . Love the Frank Ground filter connected to the ground cable of the system. Tested with On & Off switch. Clear noticeable improvement to the quietness of the system.
Scherzinger cabling syst is the best I have tried & heard compared to cables like Odin, Goebel, skogrand, Jorma prime etc. However price with zero discount policy. Still considering it esp if I can sell of some of my cables

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Wow. just WOW !

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
That Room treatment looks like it's the Right Stuff...
I wish you well to use it and MYNEBBTYL (May Your Next Eargasm Be Better than Your Last)

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Beautiful system and very well thought out. You don't hear much about the Vitus Masterpiece Phono. What are your thoughts on this phono stage vs the others you've tried?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Absolutely gorgeous. The natural light definitely adds to the beauty of the space as well.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Beautiful system and very well thought out. You don't hear much about the Vitus Masterpiece Phono. What are your thoughts on this phono stage vs the others you've tried?
Heard it side by side with FM223 R & personally I prefer MPP. In fact , the best Vitus products are the amp & phono

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
What a beautiful room ! What are the dimensions ?

Congratulations!

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
I had the pleasure of visiting Audioblazer , a few months back . His room is on the top floor of his villa . Very well thought out and implemented both aesthetically and acoustically.Particularly interesting were the SMT DIY Helmoltz Resonators. We were out on a few other audio visits and dinner, before arriving at his place along with HF Tan , so AB warmed up his rig playing some digital via the Vitus MP-DAC . We then switched over to the AF1 ( Axiom Arm , Miyajima Madrake cart)thru the Vitus Master phono .

The first cut he played was the Dallas Wind Symphony "Fiesta" , resplendent brass and percussion rang out, followed by tympani strikes that were gargantuan in their presence and impact. The Vitus Master monos powering thru , making light work of the demands made of it . Good image stability with a tight grip on pitch .
The speakers are pulled out a fair way into the room , even more than the usual 1/3rds and the soundstage generated had tremendous depth with good image specificity. I felt that the Focals scaled a lot larger than their physical stature .

Next up was the Rostropovich/Britten , Schubert's Arpeggione Sonata ... Nicely nuanced with good decay and tone giving finely intermingled tonal contrasts . We rocked out next to Pink Floyd 's The Wall and on to another Audiophile staple in the form of Cafe Blue by Patricia Barber . While I am no expert or had much experience with TT's , it was safe to assume that the AF1 was one explosive and impactful ride. Drawing from my experiences with Vitus , I must concur with AB that the power amps and phono stage are the gems in the pack .

We wound up by listening to his Studer , this was a more voluminous projection , with copious amounts air and with more fluidity . The bass however was not as pitch specific as the vinyl , I thought it to be generally looser and mentioned the same to AB .

I must thank AB once again, for taking me around and for his kind hospitality . It was an enjoyable listen and any folk passing thru KL , would find it well worth their time in touching base with AudioBlazer.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
What a beautiful room ! What are the dimensions ?

Congratulations!

Cathedral shaped Room 18x28' x 8.5' side wall, rising to 12.5' at the centre of the room

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
I had the pleasure of visiting Audioblazer , a few months back . His room is on the top floor of his villa . Very well thought out and implemented both aesthetically and acoustically.Particularly interesting were the SMT DIY Helmoltz Resonators. We were out on a few other audio visits and dinner, before arriving at his place along with HF Tan , so AB warmed up his rig playing some digital via the Vitus MP-DAC . We then switched over to the AF1 ( Axiom Arm , Miyajima Madrake cart)thru the Vitus Master phono .

The first cut he played was the Dallas Wind Symphony "Fiesta" , resplendent brass and percussion rang out, followed by tympani strikes that were gargantuan in their presence and impact. The Vitus Master monos powering thru , making light work of the demands made of it . Good image stability with a tight grip on pitch .
The speakers are pulled out a fair way into the room , even more than the usual 1/3rds and the soundstage generated had tremendous depth with good image specificity. I felt that the Focals scaled a lot larger than their physical stature .

Next up was the Rostropovich/Britten , Schubert's Arpeggione Sonata ... Nicely nuanced with good decay and tone giving finely intermingled tonal contrasts . We rocked out next to Pink Floyd 's The Wall and on to another Audiophile staple in the form of Cafe Blue by Patricia Barber . While I am no expert or had much experience with TT's , it was safe to assume that the AF1 was one explosive and impactful ride. Drawing from my experiences with Vitus , I must concur with AB that the power amps and phono stage are the gems in the pack .

We wound up by listening to his Studer , this was a more voluminous projection , with copious amounts air and with more fluidity . The bass however was not as pitch specific as the vinyl , I thought it to be generally looser and mentioned the same to AB .

I must thank AB once again, for taking me around and for his kind hospitality . It was an enjoyable listen and any folk passing thru KL , would find it well worth their time in touching base with AudioBlazer.

Arshad , agree with your observation abt the bass of the Studer A80 playback with Bottlehead Tube Repro . Don't thk Tube Repro is doing a good enough job in the bass area .
Yup , if you happen to pass by , give me a shout

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
image.jpg image.jpeg

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
IMG_0615.JPG

For those of u that are into DIY bass trap, try to use Ecophon, a lot more expensive than rockwool but safer & much more effective . Prev audio room I was using rockwool .
Was concerned about the peak of the room & its beaming effect but works fine with Ecophon bass trap (40mm)

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Cathedral shaped Room 18x28' x 8.5' side wall, rising to 12.5' at the centre of the room
Looks fantastic, must have been hard to tame. A lot of diffusers/absorbers in the ceiling.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Yes was concern abt the cathedral roof . Move around the heavy glass diffusers , mdf diffusers, realtraps 3/4 times before I settled down on current set up

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Grounding of the system.
Telos GNR from Taiwan, frank AV ground loop emi filter, 2 separate high purity copper plates, 200 x 200 x 10mm (coated with ground enhancing material ) planted abt 3-4 ft deep . Google Ken chang of monitor acoustic. Recommended by a friend from Vietnam . Ably conditioned by JMF PCD302 conditioner with dual mono sections with dual hardwired JMF power cord . Highly recommended by audioexotics which seems to prefer it to tripoints conditioner . As for ground box , I have tried Telos, Tripoints Troy older model , Entreq. The best to my ears is tripoints esp in the bass region

IMG_0607.JPG
IMG_0625.JPG
IMG_0608.jpg
IMG_0609.jpg this will do for now. Indonesian audiophile piled it up to 100-200 ft deep
IMG_0626.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing