Which subwoofer to go?

Emre Üçöz

Aug 1, 2011
Istanbul
Been long not to post anything to WBF.

I am on the verge of deciding to include a subwoofer to the music system. I already acquired a JL Audio CR1 xover. I could not decide on which sub to go. My options are a 2nd hand JL Audio Gotham, JL Audio F113v2, REL G1, 2nd hand Verity Audio Rocco. But I am open to all other options.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Get TWO JL Audio f113 subs.

They will even out the bass in the room better than one Gatham and give you excellent SLAM.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I was faced with a similar situation recently. I got the CR1 and have decided to go for a pair of F113v2 - I wanted to have stereo bass, and since I got very good reports on the auto-setting of the recent version 2, I decided to go with them. My idea is using the CR1 crossover just to match the sub and mains, after the F113's self adjust for best bass linearity.

Although I already have got them, I am still waiting for the conclusion of few changes in my room and system before connecting them.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I just put 2 JL Audio f112 v2 subs in my room. The reason I chose the 112 instead of the 113 is because they have a higher crossover.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing