Mapleshade Records

Cincy2

VIP/Donor
Jun 2, 2016
Tampa, Florida
Does anyone know if Mapleshade Records plans on publishing any new releases? There is nothing new on their website. They don't respond to inquiries. Lots of gear for sale however. The recordings I own, all redbook format, some mastered as early as 1992 are the most natural, holographic disks I own (of any resolution). It amazes me how the sound exactly like live sound. I hope the mastermind behind them has not given up on the recording market.

Cincy

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I'm curious too. I have about 12 of their redbook cd's. They seem to be all recorded to tape...before digital...

Skylab

May 14, 2016
Chicagoland
Not that it's a new release, but Jonathan at International Phonograph got permission to release a Mapleshade Clifford Jordan title on 15 ips reel to reel earlier this year, and its STUNNING: http://www.internationalphonographinc.com/master_tapes.html

Mapleshade is certainly still in business - I use their finished oak LP racks for storing my 10.5" reels, and I just bought 3 more last week. They shipped within a couple days.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Does anyone know if Mapleshade Records plans on publishing any new releases? There is nothing new on their website. They don't respond to inquiries. Lots of gear for sale however. The recordings I own, all redbook format, some mastered as early as 1992 are the most natural, holographic disks I own (of any resolution). It amazes me how the sound exactly like live sound. I hope the mastermind behind them has not given up on the recording market.

Cincy

I have found their recordings to be very system dependent. In some systems they really sound holographic and natural, I would even say more realistic, than most. However I have listened to them in systems of great quality sounding decent and agreeable, but nothing exceptional, missing the natural micro-detail that creates the astonishing realism.

Curious that you own TA Opus cables - from my experience the best listening experiences I had of their CDs were always using Transparent Audio cables.

IMHO one of the most spectacular recording is the Kendra Shank "Afterglow" - in the proper system you will feel the movements of her head while singing. It is a shame that the only available downloads are in MP3 - I would really like to get some of their recordings in HiRez formats.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing