Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Tight Opus 1 arrived

Air Tight Opus 1 arrived

Name:  L1050647.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  1.33 MBName:  L1050648.jpg
Views: 1141
Size:  1.65 MB

Next week i will put on my Bergmann Sindre and i will report the difference with Goldfinger Statement and Coralstone Diamond.
    I think will be in the middle.
    In future i would like to buy a AF3 or Bergmann Galder with 4 arms and with Goldfinger,Coralstone Diamond,Opus 1 and Atlas sl that i would like to buy in future,besides my Thorens 124 Schopper with
    Ortofon SPU A95.
    My system is 90% finish,so i love enjoy with different cartridges.
    For the arm i have no idea which arm buy,SAT,Durand and Vertere are the best but too expensive.
    Regards ti everybody

Addicted to Best!
    Wow Gian - you have some delicious cartridges in your armoury. Very jealous. Enjoy!

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Hi Gian!

This is the best cartridge I've ever heard, bar none! I've compared it to the A95 (no comparison) and the top of the line ZYX (again, not even close). Oh, comparisons were done on the Kronos Pro with the Black Beauty tonearm...
    It does the "smooth" thing like the ZYX, while still being extremely "alive" and dynamic like the A95.

cheers,
    alex
    Last edited by asiufy; 03-29-2017 at 10:57 PM.
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - San Diego, CA
    Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Roon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    Next week i will put on my Bergmann Sindre and i will report the difference with Goldfinger Statement and Coralstone Diamond.
    In future i would like to buy a AF3 or Bergmann Galder with 4 arms and with Goldfinger,Coralstone Diamond,Opus 1 and Atlas sl that i would like to buy in future,besides my Thorens 124 Schopper with
    Ortofon SPU A95.
    For the arm i have no idea which arm buy,SAT,Durand and Vertere are the best but too expensive.
    Regards ti everybody
    Wow Gian60 hifi show
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Thanks Alex,
    i never listen before Opus 1 but i am sure will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    Ortofon SPU A95.
    Regards ti everybody
    Curios to your thoughts...I always liked the Air Tight PC1 Supreme I've heard in friends set ups
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Pre & Amp: Nagra HD Pre & Amp
    Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus on sources, Opus Gen 5 Pre to amps & speaker
    Power Transparent Opus, Opus Source Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1

I've heard the Opus 1 on a couple of occasions.. as Alex said above, it is really special! Would like to know how it compares to the new My Sonic Lab Platinum Signature, as they are both sourced from the same manufacturer.....and the MSL Platinum Signature is supposed to be his ne plus ultra!!

After 2 hour of listening,so we see after 100 hours,i can give one small judgment.

Is not simple write in English but i will try.

After listening for 2 months GFS and Coralstone diamond,i can say that Opus 1 is really incredible,seems the sum of the positive things of both Koetsu and GFS with better low frequencies.
    The bass is more deeper and dynamic and more real.
    Instrument are bigger and image and depht is bigger.
    Sound is natural like koestu and fast,open and dynamic like GFS
    Voice and instrument are palpable in the room and sound has a good body,more than GFS
    About the voice i prefer a little Koetsu,little more natural,but i have to wait 100 hour at least

The sound is open,liquid,fast but with body and very deep low
    Koetsu has bass,mid mid/ high fantastic,very very little roll off on high,GFS is explosive and very transparent on mid and high,but with less body,Opus 1 is open,transparent on mid but with body

But at the end are 3 incredible cartridges and which you can buy you don't wrong.
    We are crazy and we are talking of small difference and details.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast