Clearaudio Master Innovation UP and running.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
I believe that Clearaudio company did something over the last 10 years to impact their sound signature,
if in early days when the acrylic was dominate their build structure, and the sound came out precise, dynamic but DRY... today when the higher models are build with
Wood, aluminium and Derlin alloy they remain precise very very dynamics, but not close to a dry sound.
i guess one need to hear it, to understand the "revolution".
after several years with playing around with some "big boys" turntables, Michel engineering, Brinkmann Bardo then the Balance (i still own) with two arms...
the A.S Aquilar and an SME 12" I started to stare on linear tracking arms and find those of Clearaudio fantastic looking and construct.
i decided to buy the Master Innovation (One step below the huge "Statement") with two arms... the TT2 linear tracking and their top of the line radial arm, the UNIVERSAL.
this set up is phenomenal from every aspect you can think of, it is a true revelation!
in times that TD, Kronos AND some others brands get most of the attention (they should! they are awesome TTs!)- a 40 years old, one of the biggest analog company in all times- keep doing what they do best! i urge you all to go and get a listen if you can, to such set up! it will blow you perspective on what you can pull out from a grove for sure!

AVI_2832.jpg

AVI_2833.jpg

AVI_2835.jpg

AVI_2851.jpg

i was taking those pictures before my UNIVERSAL arm board was fitted and my outerlimit ring\clamp was came in.

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations!

Altanpsx

Sep 10, 2014
I used both master reference and master innovation, also tt2 tonearm on both. Very good turntables. Forget about the clamp, it is useless, i tried many. Outer ring is the way to go. It makes sonic performance %30-40 better. Kuzma tonearms did not create wonders, also tt2 bettered nearly every tonearm i tried, believe me i tried many :) (only graham elite was better, which i recommend not to buy any graham, because of the customer care)

Also i highly recommend you to buy clearaudio rack for this turntable. I did not have a chance to try master reference with its own rack, but i did try master innovaiton with and without rack. Rack really works...

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
Kuzma tonearms did not create wonders, also tt2 bettered nearly every tonearm i tried, believe me i tried many :) (only graham elite was better, which i recommend not to buy any graham, because of the customer care)
Do you still use the TT2 on your AF2?
If not, which tonearm do you use?

Altanpsx

Sep 10, 2014
I sold the tonearm with turntable(master reference). Now i am using Graham Elite.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Awesome photo's to go with the superb table

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
I sold the tonearm with turntable(master reference). Now i am using Graham Elite.

hey, did you had the Elite with the TT2 on the Clearaudio ? did you get to compare between them with the same cart on the same table?
i have 4 arms right now on 2 different tables, for my own reference i will switch some of them back and forth (in logistics limit boundaries) to find out more about each TT, arms and cart's i have for the moment.
just got my new Ortofon Anna i ordered... so the carts count get up also

Altanpsx

Sep 10, 2014
Yes i compared elite vs tt2 on master reference with same cartridges. Elite was better.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
i would love to here which cart did you used to compare them...
and which one do you use right now..

thank you for sharing your experience.

Altanpsx

Sep 10, 2014
I used Miyajima Kansui, which i belive a good companion for both of them. I sold tt2 with turntable. I still have the graham elite.

Altanpsx

Sep 10, 2014
Many .....

billeames

Mar 6, 2023
I had one since Feb 2023. Universal 12 in arm and Jubilee MC cartridge and Simaudio 310LP phono preamp. Way better than any LP12 I heard, and the TechDas AF5P. (premium). I believe master innovation competes with a CD player like CH Precision C1.2 D1.5 combo at over $80000. This table is superior to every CD I have (Esoteric K01X, much cheaper than the turntable) except 2 Decca CD's. I have about 6000 CD's, so my next upgrade needs to be a crazy good CD player. DCS Rossini APEX is not good enough in my opinion. I hope not to pay $84000.

Reactions: mulveling

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing