StormAudio & Dirac Live

Flak

Nov 16, 2013
StormAudio (http://www.stormaudio.com/) the french manufacturer of high-end (16 to 32 channels) immersive audio home theater equipment has entered into an agreement with Dirac Research.
Dirac Live will be incorporated into its new StormOptimizer suite targeted to StormAudio’s integrators that will be demonstrated at the High End Show, May 18-21 in Munich.

Bienvenue à bord StormAudio :)
Flavio

michael123

Nov 17, 2011
It is a pity Flavio you did not post this information on your website or facebook, I visited Munich this year :-(

What about promised upgrade to Live suite and bug fixes? :)

Flak

Nov 16, 2013
It is a pity Flavio you did not post this information on your website or facebook, I visited Munich this year :-(

What about promised upgrade to Live suite and bug fixes? :)

Hi michael123,

We have been working on fixing some compatibility issues and time ago we released a DL 1.2 beta but we have subsequently found a way not only to fix the issues but also to improve the Dirac correction algorithm in a significant way.
As a result we came to the conclusion that we had to incorporate it into a new Dirac Live... but this also means that we had to fully redesign it and write it from scratch.
Right now all development efforts are going into this new version that takes much more time but we are confident that it will be worth the wait for Dirac customers,
it's release is scheduled for Q4 this year and my understanding is that it will be a free update.

:) Flavio

michael123

Nov 17, 2011
Thanks, nice to hear :)

.. if you have a newer beta (I have 1.2.0.8256), and if it fixes some stability issues in VST3 in particular, I will be willing to try anyway,
or you say, it will be rewritten as well?

Flak

Nov 16, 2013
Thanks, nice to hear :)

.. if you have a newer beta (I have 1.2.0.8256), and if it fixes some stability issues in VST3 in particular, I will be willing to try anyway,
or you say, it will be rewritten as well?

Yes, plugins are being rewritten as well.

Flavio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing