Derek Jones - Blue Coast Records

Steve Bruzonsky

May 15, 2010
http://bluecoastrecords.com/artists/derek-jones

In the past year, Derek Jones has put out two albums on the best sounding audiophile label ever, Blue Coast Records.

The first album, "Run With Me", featuring Jenna Mammina on about half the tracks with vocals, is stimply stunning!

The most recent album, "Dusk 'til Dawn", also featuring Jenna Mammina on some tracks with vocals, is just as stunning!

Here's a great interview with Derek Jones:

http://bassmusicianmagazine.com/2012/05/from-bedroom-to-business-derek-jones-by-john-kuhlman/

"Over the years, he has performed with such notable musicians as Bela Fleck, The Pete Escovedo Orchestra, Jeff Sipe, Orestes Vilato, Dori Caymmi, Crystal Gayle, and Kai Eckhardt. Derek has also performed on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Late Show with Conan O’Brien, CMT Live, as well as the 2001 & 2002 CMA Awards. Originally from Vallejo, Calif., he started gigging as a teenager in 1986 and moved to Nashville in 1999 where he played with Nickel Creek, Jeff Coffin, and Jerry Douglas. In 2004, he moved to Las Vegas to play bass and double bass in the Cirque du Soleil production of “KA” at the MGM Grand."

Derek's jazz bass playing is so tuneful and live sounding! And Jenna's sweet female vocals - I've been in love with her voice and singing style since I first heard her. I've got all her albums on Blue Coast Records.

If you like jazz, if you like jazz female vocals, if you like well recorded music without unnecessary compression that sounds real - buy & download Derek Jones' latest album. You will surely get hooked like me and then end up getting Derek Jones' first album with Blue Coast Records, and then some of Jenna Mammina's albums. You will never be the same. Just listen!

Attachments

• Jenna.jpg
    Jenna.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 148

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Thanks for posting.

I am a fan of Blue Coast Records. I have two of their CDs:
1) Spring Sampler 1
2) Blue Coast Collection The E.S.E Sessions

These form part of my references. I played the E.S.E Sessions when Leif, Damien, and Jack of VSA visited last year.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing