Triton v3 feet and impression.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I sent my Triton v2 in for the v3 upgrade, and received it today. Since the Tv2 was using spikes, I removed them before shipping. The Tv3 came back with some heavy duty feet. I didn't see anything on the Shunyata web site about the feet, and I am wondering if they are cosmetic, or actually have some vibration control capability. I did have my stereo Tv2 on Mapleshade Micropoint brass footers. It will be nice if I can skip that.

Since I just got the Tv3 today, I am evaluating it tonight. Initial impression is the system is even quieter, with more detail in the music, and a tighter bass that really is distinct.

IMG_1516.JPG

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Last week I sent my Triton v2 in to Shunyata for the v3 upgrade. This adds the new technology in the Denali line to the Triton, thus restoring the Triton to its position as the king of power conditioners. This link provides the details on the upgrade.

http://www.shunyata.com/index.php/support/service-all/632-triton-v3-upgrade-program

I was curious if there would be much improvement since my current power is already at a very high level of having both clean power, and able to provide as much instantaneous current as my gear needs. Plus, I was also interested in the new Denali technology, and this was an 'inexpensive' way to experience it.

Anyway, the Triton v3 arrived this morning (Saturday), and it has been playing since early afternoon. Now that it is nighttime, the house is sealed, and the outside ambient noise has dropped, I can unequivocally state, this is GREAT. The Tv2 to Tv3 upgrade did not produce the same jaw dropping experience as did the Tv1 to Tv2 upgrade, but that is because the system is already at such a high resolution level with clean power.

What this upgrade does is bring out even more low level resolution details in the music, and I play the music now at a lower average volume level setting, but with the same impact as before.

Earlier today, I installed the Tv3 and let everything settle in for 45 minutes since some gear was off about 10 minutes. The Tv3 is used for the preamp, file player, SACD player, and Typhon. Additionally, each item, except SACD, has a chassis ground cable to the Tv3. While swapping I realized the Lumin ground was not attached, so I reattached it. Now I will not know if any improvement is from the Tv3, or the Lumin ground. :)

I started the evaluation using my playlist of women singers; Holly Cole, Diana Krall, Nora Jones, Patricia Barber, and others. I have found these to be some of the best recorded and sounding music I have. Plus they use all the drivers, and some have great, clear, precise bass.

At that time, the very initial impression was that there is a deeper, darker background along with clearer, distinct vocals. The first track that came up on random play was Holly Cole, and her inhaling while singing just popped out. Maybe that was there before, but it certainly caught my attention this time. Nora Jones finished Happy Pills, and the bass was just there. Shelby Lynn, How Can I Be Sure, played, and the quitar in the left speaker is just real. Pick those strings.

Now at 9 PM I am using a playlist of my two favorite women singers; Lady Gaga and Marilyn Manson. They both do a great job of using all the drivers, and MM songs have interesting electronic sound effects in some songs. The problem is you don't hear these effects until you get high resolution from the stereo. I am really hearing them now, and constantly going, 'Where did that come from.' LOL

Lady Gaga, on the other hand, just has good songs, and I am getting more pleasure now from them than before. Even songs that I didn't really like have moved up a notch in the enjoyment category.

For $2K this is a great upgrade. It's nice to get a big improvement for such a modest price. I can't believe I just said that. :)

One area I am curious about is the feet on the Tv3. The website doesn't mention them, and I am wondering if they have vibration control capability.

Once again, I am just impressed with Shunyata technology. My experience with Shunyata started around 7 years or so ago when I bought two Venom power cables for my Cambridge Audio 840W amps. That was such an improvement that I bought two Python CX cables a few weeks later, and haven't looked back yet.

Now it is time to return my other Tv2 for the v3 upgrade. I sure hope they decide to offer a Cyclop upgrade to v3. My amps are feeling like second class citizens at this point. :)

Last edited:

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Bud,

Thanks for the review. I bought Triton V1 and Typhon several years ago and was quite impressed and then upgraded to the V2 and was impressed once again, although I think a big part of the sound difference was from the CupperCon outlets which I have installed in my dedicated circuits with incredible benefit. I already have a RMA for the V3, but had not found review yet, although Caelin has always been a reliable reference. Your comments reflect what I am hoping for, so you can take the credit for moving me towards the V3.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Great. Glad I could help. That is the main reason for posting impressions of gear.

I wasn't aware that the CopperCon outlets were available for purchase. I have the ZR-71 outlets, but would prefer the CopperCons. I sent my second Triton in the v3 upgrade, and it should be arriving at Shunyata today.

Unfortunately for me, there is no upgrade for the Cyclops v2, and I can't afford two Denali 2000T to replace the Cyclops. Plus the Cyclops form factor is better since they fit under my rack. They are out of sight, but do their job perfectly.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Just received my second Triton back from being upgraded to a v3, and it is in the HT. Will watch some movie tonight and test it out.

Sa-dono

Dec 29, 2016
Now at 9 PM I am using a playlist of my two favorite women singers; Lady Gaga and Marilyn Manson. They both do a great job of using all the drivers, and MM songs have interesting electronic sound effects in some songs. The problem is you don't hear these effects until you get high resolution from the stereo. I am really hearing them now, and constantly going, 'Where did that come from.' LOL

I am glad you're happy with the upgrade. That said, I have a difficult time taking your review seriously when Marilyn Manson is a guy, and you don't seem to know or hear this. :confused:

Reactions: Ekmanc

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing