reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
We have a pair of ELAC Adante AF-61 in the box. Just sayin'...

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
Ha!
Gotta listen to it first.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
The July edition of Hifinews and Record Review has a review of the ELAC Adante AF-61 and has given it their top award of outstanding product. You should be able to get an English version when you are in Europe next week.

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
The July edition of Hifinews and Record Review has a review of the ELAC Adante AF-61 and has given it their top award of outstanding product. You should be able to get an English version when you are in Europe next week.
My interested was already peaked before this. They do seem to be hard to audition, though. I sent ELAC in the US an e-mail and haven't heard back.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks for the update reverendo and sorry to hear of your problems with Elac.
I would be inclined to email ELAC's EuropeanHQ to ask them chase up their US people.

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
Thanks for the update reverendo and sorry to hear of your problems with Elac.
I would be inclined to email ELAC's EuropeanHQ to ask them chase up their US people.

Good idea, Barry. Contacted them and they have already responded, saying that they would reach out to US part for me. Let's see how that goes.

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
BTW, a friend recommended taking a look at Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy. Would you anyone be able to point me to a place where I could find out where I could listen to one of those in the Dallas, TX area? Since they discontinued it would have to be some kind of owner's forum or thread where I could possibly find someone close by. I just wanted to get an idea of the house sound. Any help would be very welcome.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Good idea, Barry. Contacted them and they have already responded, saying that they would reach out to US part for me. Let's see how that goes.

That's good news!
I don't know the firm but I've heard good things about them so all being well things will start moving.
Good luck.

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
That's good news!
I don't know the firm but I've heard good things about them so all being well things will start moving.
Good luck.
I had to give up on Elac. Until today I have not heard back from Elac USA. Should be pulling the trigger within two weeks. Very, very short shortlist now.

Reactions: bonzo75

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Reactions: bonzo75

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
I am currently auditioning Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy 5.1 at home. These are rather finicky to set up, but I think I've had a small breakthrough which shows their real potential. This might be the speaker. Are there huge differences to the 6 or 7?

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
Just wanted to update everyone that I have decided to keep the Watt/Puppies. They are a significant upgrade to my former speakers and I believe that if I work steadfastly on placement they will really shine. They tick almost all of the boxes that I set out to fulfill, but since I know that will not be my last I am willing to work around the things they don't do. Overall, their cohesion, sound stage (especially depth), accuracy and macro dynamics were the major selling factors, apart from the fact that they work very well without having much room from front wall.
Now it's up to tweaking placement, working as much as possible on some small room improvements (after all, it is a living room) and, after that is settled, change of source. Also just bought an old Class A Gryphon amp and will see if it gets me close to what I have heard from the Colosseum. Will compare my Diablo side-by-side with it probably after replacing some caps, which should be needed.
Happy New Year to all of you and thank you again for so many ideas and suggestions.

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing