Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Quest for speaker upgrade

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Lichenstein will have Scintilla, Universum, Studio Grand, and Odeon all a small distance from each other, apart from a great view. Many can travel with their wives and listen to audio leaving their wives at the lake. The Scintilla and Universum are amongst my top choices for medium size rooms, though radically different.

I compared the Cantata to Lampi 5 before I became a Lampi customer, it wasn't close. Then the Big 7 was far superior to the Lampi 5, and the GG to the big 7. And Christoph's GG can get much better.

The PX25 you mentioned is an output valve, it does not go on the GA. Christoph must have mentioned the rectifier.
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Christoph must have mentioned the rectifier.
    I hope he can chime in, since I honestly don't know. Am looking up rectifier now.
    Source: SBT w/ EDO and Welborne Labs PSU, Oppo '103-D', Resolution Audio 'Cantata'
    Amplification: Gryphon 'Diablo'
    Speakers: Evolution Acoustics 'MMMicroOne'
    Cables: Power: Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (2x), ASI 'Liveline' (w/ Oyaide 004/079); Digital: LH 'Lightspeed' USB, Lifatec Silflex toslink; IC: DC 'Hair Angel' XLR; Speaker: Douglas Connection 'Alpha'
    Acessories: Sistrum SP-1, Furutech GTX-D (g), Hifi-Tuning Supreme Fuse (Cantata), MIT Z Duplex Super, Equitech Balanced Power

Hello reverendo

Quote Originally Posted by reverendo View Post
    I hope he can chime in, since I honestly don't know. Am looking up rectifier now.
    Thank you very much for your kind words.
    You have been a wonderful guest with excellent hearing and an exquisite and multifaceted music taste.

The rectis we used in the GA were first the EML mesh 274b and then the KR 5U4G Anniversary. Of the two, I prefer the KR 5U4G.
    In the GG we only used the KR 5U4G Anniversary retifier tube, first with the EML 45 mesh Anniversary Globes and then with the KR PX25 ouput tubes. We both preferred the PX25 output tubes.

You are always welcome to visit me again.

PS: This offer stands for all interested audiophiles who want to listen to excellent gear that is outside the mainstream of high-end. Just PM me with a few possible dates.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112