test
test
test
test
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Quest for speaker upgrade

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    I don't know if that's the one I heard today here, but they were very good, and very dynamic! Thin floorstanders with massive side-firing woofer.
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - La Jolla, CA
    Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - ENIGMAcoustics - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Quote Originally Posted by asiufy View Post
    I don't know if that's the one I heard today here, but they were very good, and very dynamic! Thin floorstanders with massive side-firing woofer.
    are you talking about the Boenicke? are you at Munich?
    Source: SBT w/ EDO and Welborne Labs PSU, Oppo '103-D', Resolution Audio 'Cantata'
    Amplification: Gryphon 'Diablo'
    Speakers: Evolution Acoustics 'MMMicroOne'
    Cables: Power: Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (2x), ASI 'Liveline' (w/ Oyaide 004/079); Digital: LH 'Lightspeed' USB, Lifatec Silflex toslink; IC: DC 'Hair Angel' XLR; Speaker: Douglas Connection 'Alpha'
    Acessories: Sistrum SP-1, Furutech GTX-D (g), Hifi-Tuning Supreme Fuse (Cantata), MIT Z Duplex Super, Equitech Balanced Power

Yep, Boenicke.
    And going by the pictures of the W11, it is indeed the one I heard yesterday. Very good room!
    Disclosure:
    Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - ENIGMAcoustics - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - YG Acoustics

These were fantastic at the LA Show. Granted, I was sitting in the first row, almost near-field. But they do sound a lot better than their price would suggest, and they were being driven by reasonably priced electronics from Audio Alchemy as well.

Unfortunately, delivery is only in early August.

cheers,
    alex
    Disclosure:

Quote Originally Posted by asiufy View Post
    These were fantastic at the LA Show. Granted, I was sitting in the first row, almost near-field. But they do sound a lot better than their price would suggest, and they were being driven by reasonably priced electronics from Audio Alchemy as well.

Unfortunately, delivery is only in early August.

cheers,
    alex
    I am only going to pull the trigger in August, so that's not a problem.
    Source: SBT w/ EDO and Welborne Labs PSU, Oppo '103-D', Resolution Audio 'Cantata'
    Cables: Power: Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (2x), ASI 'Liveline' (w/ Oyaide 004/079); Digital: LH 'Lightspeed' USB, Lifatec Silflex toslink; IC: DC 'Hair Angel' XLR; Speaker: Douglas Connection 'Alpha'
    Acessories: Sistrum SP-1, Furutech GTX-D (g), Hifi-Tuning Supreme Fuse (Cantata), MIT Z Duplex Super, Equitech Balanced Power

In the mean time I was able to listen to Rosso Fiorentino Fiesole speaker just out of curiosity and also because their bigger brother, the Volterra, could be an option.
    This week I also got to listen to the Salk Soundscape 8.
    Will try to report on them as soon as possible.

Rosso Fiorentino Fiesole

Name:  20170531_203754.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  1.60 MB

Auralic>Northstar Supremo>Triode TRV-88SER>Rosso Fiorentino Fiesole
    Cables are all Wireworld.
    I liked the presentation and this speaker shows great promise, since the system played on the level that mine plays, although with, imo, inferior electronics. Would probably play much better at home, so seems to be a solid upgrade. Nonetheless, I'm not looking for a monitor, but a reasonably sized tower. The Volterra from this line could be interesting, but I really don't its looks very much.
    The super tweeter, which is a ribbon, has that HF extension that I like. Would need a home audition to actually talk more intelligently about this speakers, since I didn't know any of the electronics.
    Had a Northstar 24/192 MkII two DACs back. It punched way above its price range at that time.
    Thanks to Skip for the audition.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by reverendo; 06-07-2017 at 09:39 PM.

I had a pair of Acoustic Zen Crescendo II's and sold them on Agon for $10K. I loved these speakers and they are gorgeous. When I bought them they retailed for $18K but I got them direct from Robert the designer for $12K. They sound wonderful and are not fussy at all with room position. Also, they are very efficient and did great with my CJ Classic 60 watt stereo amp, and even better with big tube mono blocks. Might be worth checking out.....
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedtag View Post
    I had a pair of Acoustic Zen Crescendo II's and sold them on Agon for $10K. I loved these speakers and they are gorgeous. When I bought them they retailed for $18K but I got them direct from Robert the designer for $12K. They sound wonderful and are not fussy at all with room position. Also, they are very efficient and did great with my CJ Classic 60 watt stereo amp, and even better with big tube mono blocks. Might be worth checking out.....
    Thanks, @tedtag. I'm trying to reduce my list, but will still try to listen to these. Only problem is see is that they are taller than what I'm aiming at. We're starting to get into Salon2 territory here.
    Last edited by reverendo; 06-09-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast