Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Quest for speaker upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    In Rome, at the place of a vintage turn table restorer who is manufacturing his own TT called Blackstone. He uses these speakers with class A 200 w Italian amps called AM audio. They have good bass and dynamics, open, play most music well. At 4500 Euro tough to go wrong, and easy to listen to, for 6 hours a day. I am not exactly sure how much space they need behind, as though he had space from the wall he had a big cupboard half their height (that he used as a rack) directly behind them
    just looked up the dimensions. unfortunately too large for my needs. I do see a resemblance to some Legacy Audio speakers. Thanks for the hint, though.
    Source: SBT w/ EDO and Welborne Labs PSU, Oppo '103-D', Resolution Audio 'Cantata'
    Amplification: Gryphon 'Diablo'
    Speakers: Evolution Acoustics 'MMMicroOne'
    Cables: Power: Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (2x), ASI 'Liveline' (w/ Oyaide 004/079); Digital: LH 'Lightspeed' USB, Lifatec Silflex toslink; IC: DC 'Hair Angel' XLR; Speaker: Douglas Connection 'Alpha'
    Acessories: Sistrum SP-1, Furutech GTX-D (g), Hifi-Tuning Supreme Fuse (Cantata), MIT Z Duplex Super, Equitech Balanced Power

Quote Originally Posted by christoph View Post
    Hi Andre

What about the Heil Kithara?
    Did this not pan out the way you wanted?
    I reached out three times to the gentleman, but unfortunately didn't hear back, so that didn't work out.
    Source: SBT w/ EDO and Welborne Labs PSU, Oppo '103-D', Resolution Audio 'Cantata'
    Amplification: Gryphon 'Diablo'
    Speakers: Evolution Acoustics 'MMMicroOne'
    Cables: Power: Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (2x), ASI 'Liveline' (w/ Oyaide 004/079); Digital: LH 'Lightspeed' USB, Lifatec Silflex toslink; IC: DC 'Hair Angel' XLR; Speaker: Douglas Connection 'Alpha'
    Acessories: Sistrum SP-1, Furutech GTX-D (g), Hifi-Tuning Supreme Fuse (Cantata), MIT Z Duplex Super, Equitech Balanced Power

Pity.
    I would say we tried a lot but now it has to be the Duettas

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendo View Post
    just looked up the dimensions. unfortunately too large for my needs. I do see a resemblance to some Legacy Audio speakers. Thanks for the hint, though.
    Bill is really liking his Heco direkt
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Blog Entries
    Andre, Bill has liked the Heco so much he gave up the focal maestro utopia and used that money for an SME 30/2.

So Heco has now displaced a raidho and a focal. If you are on a budget and space constraint, you are going to find bearing these tough
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Andre, Bill has liked the Heco so much he gave up the focal maestro utopia and used that money for an SME 30/2.

So Heco has now displaced a raidho and a focal. If you are on a budget and space constraint, you are going to find bearing these tough
    If you don't first extract the information from the groove there is no chance that it will reach the speaker.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    If you don't first extract the information from the groove there is no chance that it will reach the speaker.
    And if speakers of that size don't have a concert hall room, there is no point extracting any information.

He already had kuzma stabi ref, triplanar, and aesthetix io signature with Lyra kleos.

And if speakers of that size don't have a concert hall room, there is no point extracting any information.

He already had kuzma stabi ref, triplanar, and aesthetix io signature with Lyra kleos.
    Yes, but tell that to Steve Williams and to Michael Fremer who both don't have concert hall sized rooms and very good analog source equipment. I'm not familiar with Bill's room or speakers. I was simply suggesting a reason he decided to prioritize a turntable upgrade over speakers at this time. Of course it is a balance and we all may approach it differently. I think the source and the speaker/room match are two areas of a system that can be thought of somewhat independently. He must have liked something about the new turntable enough to do the upgrade.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Yes, but tell that to Steve Williams and to Michael Fremer who both don't have concert hall sized rooms and very good analog source equipment. I'm not familiar with Bill's room or speakers. I was simply suggesting a reason he decided to prioritize a turntable upgrade over speakers at this time. Of course it is a balance and we all may approach it differently. I think the source and the speaker/room match are two areas of a system that can be thought of somewhat independently. He must have liked something about the new turntable enough to do the upgrade.
    He loves the SME. Point is, he got the Heco for a second system, and realized you get a "whole" sound more through such speakers into such rooms, so he decided to sell off the bigger ones and get SME.

Andre is looking for a speaker at a budget and which is flexible with room sizes as he keeps moving.

As for Steve's and MF's room these are custom built with loads of treatment. Custom build is rare in the UK, if at all.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314