High end reel to reel machines for sale

Curt Palme

Jan 25, 2012
Gentlemen, as per my signature below, I am one of the only (if not the only) reel to reel tech here in Vancouver, Canada. Since the launch of the RTR website in Feb 2017, business and inquiries have gone up exponentially, and it looks like it may end up being a full time job when I retire from commercial sound system installations. I have all the test equipment and test tapes to fully go through machines, and do repairs, sales, and I buy old unwanted decks. Normally I wouldn't post here, but I have come into some high end machines that might be of interest to this forum. Not all decks are here yet, I haven't completed any of them, but let's see if there is any interest here:

3 x Technics 1700. These are the 4 track auto reverse consumer machines. All three have the wood side panels, original NAB hubs, and cosmetically they are in pristine shape. Two decks have fading of the red ink on the VU meters, as they had sunlight hit them in storage. One is about 50% faded, the other one has no red ink visible at all, go figure, but I have a line on replacement meters for that one. The one with the faded meter faces will be discounted to reflect this.

2 X Studer B67. These two decks are incoming from a studio, and should be here in 3 weeks. One needs minor cosmetic parts (switch caps, and a power switch button), unknown condition otherwise at this point. THese two machines will end up being fully recapped with good quality capacitors from Digikey or Mouser, and will be fully gone through otherwise as well. These are the console versions. One has a Studer cart, the other is sitting on a Xerox cart apparently which works fine according to the seller.

1 x Studer A807. Has been fully recapped, flat to 20Khz on all 3 speeds, and comes with the original Studer cart. Still doing some final test runs on this one, it should be ready to go in 2 weeks. It's $3500 USD.

Once these decks are complete, I will update this listing with pictures and more details.
Regards,

Curt Palme

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Subscribed.

Curt Palme

Jan 25, 2012
All 1700s are now sold, the A807 is ready to go, please send me a message through www.reeltoreeltech.com and I can send some pictures, etc. One console B67 is also ready, am working on the second, portable one as well.
Thanks!

Curt Palme

Jan 25, 2012
Gents, I've now posted a couple of the machines listed above on eBay (hoping that eBay links are OK here). Of interest may be the B67 that I've listed far cheaper than they normally go for due to some physical damage, as listed in the ad below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/352080339267?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/352078799020?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

I'll fully recap the B67 for an extra $800 USD if you're interested.
Cheers!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing