Tripoint Troy SE or Esoteric G01X/G1

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi.
I see here very Troy owners with lot of experience and Esoteric owners too.
My system is as follows:

• Tad CR1
• Tad C600
• Esoteric D02X
• Aurender N100H
• Classe Omega Monoblocks
• Siltech Emperor SC
• Siltech Empress IC
• Siltech Octopus Ag/Si
• Siltech Ruby DC to Octopus
• Siltech Ruby Mountain ii NCF connectors
• Siltech Explore USB
• Furutech Rhodium Wall Outlet
• Audioquest Vodka/Cinnamon ethernet cables

I have to upgrade my music server but i'm waiting for the future move from Esoteric to a reference server with Es-Link outputs to match properly with my D02X.

Now i'm researching what kind of improvement i have to do now.
Obviously the Master Clock is mandatory but i'm very confused with the launch of the G01X/G1 ones with only 3000€ difference between them. All Esoteric owners saids that the 10 Mhz is the better connection so the G1 is the way to go in my opinion.
On the other side the D02X and K1 were launched with two months of difference but the last has the last AKM4497 vs the AKM4490 on the D02X. That is very confusing too. Is that a sign that we could see a Grandioso D1 single block with AKM4497 soon? If that happens i would upgrade my D02X.

On the other side, is very interesting to me the Troy experience that are you expressing but the Tripoint's web doesn't explain the different working options.

I'm thinking between Troy vs Esoteric Clock purchase.
• What option do you think will let me more SQ improvement?
• What options Tripoint offers on PC and what is the sound impact?
• What options Tripoint offers on Grounding cables and what is the sound impact?
• whats the price of each component?

So many questions, so little answers.

King Regards to all.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
All Tripoint owners !!!!!!
Where are you ????
:cool:

when you post something at 4:32am (left coast time, on daylight savings time change) Sunday morning it can easily get buried (because many are not paying attention). I never saw this yesterday.

the Tripoint Troy Signature with Thor grounding cable should be a substantially greater system performance boost than a clock product. by multiples, in a system such as yours with appropriately high resolution gear.

last I checked the Tripoint Troy Sig with Thor lists at $28k USD. there are other more spendy Tripoint grounding products.

IMHO, my 2 cents, and YMMV.

all that said; in a perfect world you are at an end point with gear and system changes when you add the Tripoint so the delta of advantage is greatest and easiest to perceive. the Troy does more with more. but it's not a perfect world. I cannot imagine a system that would not get a significant boost from the Troy.....and in ways not (typically) otherwise achieved.

Last edited:

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi Mike.

Thank's for your answer.

I can't find any Tripoint web dealer to view the differents options on power and grouding cables.
Are there any list of distribution?

Regards.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing