Parks Canada rejects movie starring Liam Neeson after seeing plot | Banff location

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Actor Liam Neeson | Movie 'Hard Powder' | Canadian Rockies

Liam Neeson's Film 'Hard Powder' Denied a Canadian Shooting Permit Due to Its Portrayal of a First Nations Character
_______

Films are entertainment, some are based on true stories, others are pure fiction.
I was a little surprised to read this, but then I also understand the public appearance.
Still, it's only a film, it means nothing more than just that.
Actually it means a lot to a large bunch. Take for example the latest episode recently @ the Oscars, the wrong red envelope. Lol

Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, the Rockies, ...just gorgeous vistas, some of the most beautiful scenery in Canada.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I thought similar too. But like I said, the public image you reflect is as important as the president who represents the country's population.
The world of entertainment, movies and music, lyrics and images and positive appearances, are becoming more and more fragile and delicate in this crazy world sometimes. Everything is important, everyone, everywhere.

It's not easy; for example when the filmmaker and crew asked assistance for the film 'Deepwater Horizon', they encountered many locked doors. So they had to build their own oil platform rig. The BP people wouldn't help, and the local people neither because they were under the financial spell of BP.

Many things are related to hiding the truth, and giving the best appearances to the public, us.
There are conflicts between truth and fake, and it's up to us to be smarter in knowing the difference.

In this film case here, 'Hard Powder', some Canadian authorities viewed the script/plot (subject matter) as a negative public image to Canada First Nations, from the character (actor) represented in the film. I'm sure it's not the first time. Also, the filmmaker has to be flexible; it's part of the job.

I'll keep an eye open to see where they'll go next to make the film. Liam Neeson is certainly a name that resonates high with many movie lovers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing