EXCLUSIVE TEST: 3-way high-end stand-alone speaker XTZ Divine Alpha

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
? The new high-end loudspeaker from XTZ for a pair price of 7,500 EUR ($7,900/pair USD - MSRP) is called Divine Alpha

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
OK Bob, are you just trying to tease us? You gave us a link in German.

I don't speak German.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
You must have a "Translator" feature on your browser Gary? I use Google Chrome and it automatically translates.
_______

Conclusion

"The XTZ-Box therefore creates its place in the dance of the top speakers, which are still affordable. Practically nowhere is there more box for money - first-class housing, highly solid, brutally heavy, elaborately braced and pattern-processed. In addition there are chassis of well-known manufacturers, which offer reference level without compromises. The Divine Alpha, with its two qualities, is very exciting: Emotional-deep acoustic harmony and a sovereignty, which we rarely experienced in 20 years of test experience."

Master of Sovereignty and Acoustic Harmony: The XTZ Divine Alpha presents a first-class choice
[?Masterpiecelogo?]
Stand-alone speaker Luxury class
Test March 09, 2017

Price (MSRP): $7,900/pair USD

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
No opinion?

Bob, those look to be very good...and certainly the pricing would be highly competitive and make them into a potential 'bargain '
However, unless one has actually heard the speaker and in one's own system, all else would be pure speculation.
Many times a great looking speaker is not necessarily a great sounding speaker, imho.
So, for now, they are an interesting curiosity.:D

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Bob, those look to be very good...and certainly the pricing would be highly competitive and make them into a potential 'bargain '
However, unless one has actually heard the speaker and in one's own system, all else would be pure speculation.
Many times a great looking speaker is not necessarily a great sounding speaker, imho.
So, for now, they are an interesting curiosity.:D

Ah, finally, someone who thinks a bit like I. And that's the thing; it's only a subjective review, like all reviews anyway.

But yes, when I first saw the pictures they reminded me a little of some Magico speakers...from the outside.
And then they mentioned the price right from the bat.
Then I proceeded to read the full review and salivated a little @ the several pictures.
The reviewer, and some of his friends too, were pleased with their "high-end" sound performance.
The conclusion was very positive...I transcribed it for the benefit of our readers.

Then crossing my mind I said; it would be interesting if they would be measured too, like from John Atkinson @ Stereophile. Just comme ça, for pure curiosity.
Anyway thank you Davey for stopping by. :b

I'll google them to see if they are examined by other audio analysts.
If I find something interesting I know one of the best places to hang around and share some of the best...WBF.
It's getting better by the day and we don't even realize it. Lol, but true.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

I've never heard of these speakers or the brand. They are one of the 10,000 brands that try every year or so it seems, to get a piece of the apparently rich High End Audio pie. The problem is their pricing. Too low to be considered SOTA, too high for entry level. One could always suggest an honest and fair assessment of these speakers. Close to an impossibility; for starters, the reviewer needs to not know their prices ... You can see where I am going...
In the current audiophile universe NO speaker at that price is SOTA, worse, can be . That is the current thinking however much, some, may claim the contrary. If the speaker manages to be good and truly competitive ... there would come the damned praise: It will be good ... for its price ...

Let's wait and see ...

Last edited:

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Hi

I've never heard of these speakers or the brand. They are one of the 10,000 brands that try every year or so it seems to get a opice of the apparently rich High End Audio pie. The problem is their pricing. Too low to be considered SOTA, too high for entry level. One could always suggest an honest and fair assessment of these speakers. Close to an impossibility, for starters, the reviewer needs to not know their prices ... You can see where I am going... In the current audiophile universe NO speaker at that price is SOTA, worse, can be . That is the current thinking however much, some, may claim the contrary. If the speaker manages to be good and truly competitive ... there would come the damned praise ... It will be good ... for its price ...

Let's wait and see ...

Yup. Well said.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) In the current audiophile universe NO speaker at that price is SOTA, worse, can be . That is the current thinking however much, some, may claim the contrary. If the speaker manages to be good and truly competitive ... there would come the damned praise: It will be good ... for its price ...

Do you want to nominate a SOTA speaker at 7500 euros? Please do it. Do not be ashamed ... :)

IMHO the problem when cost is an issue is that we can find many speakers that are SOTA in many important areas, but designers must accept compromises in other aspects. As I often say, the Quad ESL63 are able of SOTA sound quality, except in bass and dynamic range ...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing