LPS-1 measurement 'problem'

Kingpin

Mar 5, 2017
So it was the Uptone cable seen in the photograph that you used. How did you attach a resistor to the end barrel plug? Got a pic of your setup?
I attached the end of the dc connector plug on a male plug (attached/soldered on a resistor). Measured with the probe as indicated in the image.
Planning to make a load device where the output is connected by bnc to my analyzer where i can select different loads.

Yes, I agree but if you had first measured the device without cable, from it's direct output, you would have answered your initial question - "is it my LPS-1 or my measurement technique that is faulty ?"
correct.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Did you pay attention to which device he is measuring? This is from their web site:

"2) 100% galvanic isolation from the AC mains at all times. While one bank of ultracapacitors is supplying output, the other bank is charging. The output is never connected to the bank that is recharging, and the sophisticated design ensures silent and smooth transitioning from one bank to the other."

100% means zero connection to mains input and its AC waveform. This is a bank switching supercapacitor module. It is supposed to act like a battery, not a mains power supply as you are imagining.

Yes, I read. And saw the pictures. But I am not sure that the banks do not switch synchronously with the mains. And 100% galvanic isolation in a power supply is just marketing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing