..check out the new 9 Ultras from VSA

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Sam, not the same one. This one was Makati Med. :)

mountainjoe

Industry Expert
Mar 25, 2015
Bay Area, California
eigenaudio.com
Great looking speaker - can't wait to see the metallic blue version!

Keep up the great work at VSA Leif and Damon:cool:

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Jack

I will personally go to Riverside to do a pre-purchase inspection of your speakers. Let me know when they are ready......Anything for a friend:cool:

P.S. Then I will go to Manila to make sure they were not damaged in transit.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Jack

I will personally go to Riverside to do a pre-purchase inspection of your speakers. Let me know when they are ready......Anything for a friend:cool:

You've got to wait your turn. I'm a 40 minute drive from VSA

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Jack

I would LOVE BOTH Rodney! I gotta stock up on wine! :D

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
wow....ultra 9s,

looking stunning in glossy black and very refreshing to see core vsa architectural semblence especially with the base skirting!!

Rodney .....does it have your name on it:cool:

jack....I am happy to do a palette ride for free for the true blue ultra11....will not need expensive wines!!....but a few days @ Palawan isles would suffice:rolleyes:

leif.....are you'll showing vsa @ this year's Munich show....is it the ultra 11 in blue or black on show, what about the ultra9

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
wow....ultra 9s,

looking stunning in glossy black and very refreshing to see core vsa architectural semblence especially with the base skirting!!

jack....I am happy to do a palette ride for free for the true blue ultra11....will not need expensive wines!!....but a few days @ Palawan isles would suffice:rolleyes:

leif.....are you'll showing vsa @ this year's Munich show....is it the ultra 11 in blue or black on show, what about the ultra9

Sam I just turned 47 and my eyes have started to go south. The days of 15/20 ARE LONG GONE AND AM NOW 160/160 farsighted. I'd love to have yo and Rodney give my eyes a look at as well as the system ;D

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
that's one blissful state to be in jack.....hearing is believing !
between Rodney and me ....we can fix anything you desire....beware of what you ask for
for your eyes only jack:mad:

....is that a invite for the cool blue !....may take you up on the offer:rolleyes:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
We've been friends for almost ten years now Sam. I've had the good fortune of meeting Rodney in the flesh. I'd absolutely love to see, one of the first all Ultra guys, in the flesh too!

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
You've got to wait your turn. I'm a 40 minute drive from VSA

Not so fast Steve......VSA owners get priority. You can sit beside me while I enjoy the sweet spot.:)

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
wow....ultra 9s,

I'll buy one speaker, you buy one speaker and we'll have a pair.:cool:

I'm thrilled for Jack!

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012

would love to see the back of this !!.....backside of the speaker!!

hope the backside of the venerable vr9se mark2 comes up.....looks like wires from a cows! _ _ _ _*

must say with all the tweaks and fine tuning.....this mark 2 cow can really sing

strange, its soo long ago ....i have forgotten to upload pics!....will appear shortly

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
sorry wrong pics....will delete...
the thread 34 looks inappropriate and reads outoff sink" as the rear/back view pics of my vr9se marks2 with all its trimmings did not upload"
will need a refresher course in whatsbestforum..pic uploading!

Last edited:

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
hello jack

was stuck @bangkok airport a few weeks ago for many hours....on my way to wentworth falls sydney
was tempted to take a detour to manila! and do a impromptu ...hello!
well, could not do that as i was to attend a family funeral in aus

:confused:

Last edited:

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
wow....ultra 9s,

Hi Violetmachan,

We will be showing our black pair of ULTRA 11's at the Munich show. We are in room F213 and partnered with VAC for our 3 main shows this year. Axpona, Munich, and the L.A. Audio Show. As far as the ULTRA 9's go, Damon and I have not discussed a show schedule for these yet.

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
There is no sweet spot. We all can enjoy. I want to hear my amp and preamp on Jacks speaker. Im going to take them to VSA so we can all listen.

Haha......

Steve's right, the whole area is a sweet spot:cool:

Last edited:

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
20170308_193510-1 (2).jpg

well, i finally managed to upload a pic of my vr9se mark 2 with all its trimming!!.....one mighty fine cow i must say!!, sings sweet music with just a push off a button:cool:

very rarely do i use the the midrage attenuator which stays fixed @ mark 4.....and very rarely at times its tuned to mark6 ( only if its a bright recording)

I presume the rear view and schematics for the ultra 9 will be more sleek in looks but will have all the magic of the vr9mark2 and more !!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing