Thread: Any Avalon Transcendent, Indra II, or Compas users out there?

Addicted to Best!

Any Avalon Transcendent, Indra II, or Compas users out there?

Hi all,

I might be changing my speakers out soon and one brand on my radar is Avalon as I have always been a fan particularly on their staging and musicality whilst on a small footprint.

I am reaching out in case we have any users of the above speakers. I am looking for real world insights with these speakers - how you set them up, what gear you are driving them with etc. Any experience of comparisons between these models too.

Cheers,

Bill

I have owned the Indra and the Transcendent and they are both very good speakers. The Indra need a lot of current, the Transcedent less. The Indra is the better speaker, but the Trans are not far behind. There is a new Indra Diamond as well. The Compas I have not heard but I can imagine it is a great speaker. Although at a different price. It also depends on your room and preferences.

JP
    My system:
    Absolare Integrated Signature, CH Precision C1/D1/X1, Aurender N 10, Kaiser Kawero Classic speakers and Echole Orius cables.

Addicted to Best!
    Thanks JP. My Analog Domain has no problem driving my Focals so should supply enough for these Avalons with any luck. It has extremely low output impedance and produces 500w into 4ohms with nearly 50amps current at peak.

You should so consider the IDEA. Small, cheaper and extremely musical and coherent.
    They do like some juice to shine however. Have tried a few amps with them, some better sinergy with ones than the others.
    Currently driving them with a Nagra Classic amp/PLL setup - wonderful combination with Avalon.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! flez007's Avatar
    I find the Indra as the best price/performance model in the Avalon basket - but as noted above, they do need a lot of clean a good SS power. Neil uses Avalon in their Boulder facility and sounds great, also Spectal and Boulder are good options - The best sound coming out from my Ascents came from a pair of Lamm Hybrid amps.
    ​No lies, no surprises