Anyone here compared the Lampizator GG to the Aries Cerat Kassandra II reference DAC??

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
With all the buzz on the excellent sounding GG (heard it at Christoph's and it is very nice...PCM only so far though) I was wondering if anyone has heard at length it and the Aries Cerat Kassandra II DAC? It is also a very amibitious design with R2R (chips not discrete) tech and an advanced tube output stage. It is DSD compatible but I won't do DSD "chipless" like the GG.

Just curious because having now lived for a while with the Diana Integrated I have to say that Aries Cerat seems to know their stuff.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
With all the buzz on the excellent sounding GG (heard it at Christoph's and it is very nice...PCM only so far though) I was wondering if anyone has heard at length it and the Aries Cerat Kassandra II DAC? It is also a very amibitious design with R2R (chips not discrete) tech and an advanced tube output stage. It is DSD compatible but I won't do DSD "chipless" like the GG.

Just curious because having now lived for a while with the Diana Integrated I have to say that Aries Cerat seems to know their stuff.

Bonzo did a compare on Zero Distortion with the Aires flagship , have a look .

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Well, I would also be interested to hear if other opinions exist.

I have a customer that has the Lampi GG and he wants to do a comparison with the Kassandra, that will be instructive, certainly given the fact that he has a pair of horn speakers which will amplify any sonic difference. Timing is not defined yet though I expect it to happen in next two months.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Bonzo did a compare on Zero Distortion with the Aires flagship , have a look .

Yeah, I kind of wanted to hear if some other opinions were out there.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Did you hear Michael's GA yet?

What does the Kassandra 2 cost?

Hi Norman,
No I didn't hear his GA yet...last time I was over at his place he had the loaner Atlantic you brought over originally to Christoph's. The Kassandra II is 18K euro for the "smallest" model (still 60Kg!)

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Which version of the Kassandra did Ked compare the GG to and how much is it?

Cheers

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Hi Norman,
No I didn't hear his GA yet...last time I was over at his place he had the loaner Atlantic you brought over originally to Christoph's. The Kassandra II is 18K euro for the "smallest" model (still 60Kg!)

They tell me the GA is much better than the Atlantic plus, shockingly so.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
They tell me the GA is much better than the Atlantic plus, shockingly so.

What does the GA go for, pricewise? How does it compare to the big brother GG?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

GA is a pentode and tube rolls restricted compared to GG, so the GA compares will have to be done with different tubes in GG. An important thing to know about Lukasz though is that if this new version of Golden Atlantic does manage to beat the GG, in a few months he will produce a better version of GG beating the GA. Also w.r.t. your first post the GG has both chipless and R2R DSD.

As for the comparisons, Christoph can do the compares, though at the mo he does not have any ideal GG valves - he has KR 45s which are anemic and 101D which are detailed and dynamic but not the best in tone. He had borrowed my 242s for a while and loved them on his horns with the Kronzilla, but is waiting to pick up his own set. There is a GA scheduled to arrive with the UK distro this week so some of the Lampi gang will probably do a few compares to the GG here.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011

60% or so of the price of equivalently specced GG.

Cant tell how it compares, but as soon as C and & M put in the time, they will let us know. My GG has come back from upgrades and I can tell you that ORDER has been restored...it is a different/much better animal. I dont do poetry or hyperbole, but dayum, the GG is significantly better SQ Wise than before..especially on pcm.

Last edited:

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Was hoping to do more comparisons with the Kassandra, but not at lot of top shelf DACS here in TX.

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
The middle one for 55K. The top one is 82K.

Allow me to correct that, the Kassandra Signature Edition is 41k EUR. That is the one I have on demo. Thank you.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I got the prices from Believe Hifi last year in $$$$. Look it up in the Aries thread right here. Not trying to disparage (why should I, I like both him and Stavros), you can ask him too.

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Hello Wisnon, I don't know the meaning of 'disparage' but I am sure you did not invent the price. Can it be the price you quoted is in USD and not EUR? That would make a lot of sense and explain the difference.

But I will check with Believe HiFi

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Hello Wisnon, I don't know the meaning of 'disparage' but I am sure you did not invent the price. Can it be the price you quoted is in USD and not EUR? That would make a lot of sense and explain the difference.

But I will check with Believe HiFi
Meaning to demean or speak ill of someone...

Yes prices in $ I thought, but no it was Euro...but may have changed since last year and you can do a search and find it one of the threads here:
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...om-Aries-Cerat&p=399473&viewfull=1#post399473

Pricing in Euro is as follows (give or take 1k) not including VAT

7500 for the Prestige Series

18k for Reference Series

55K for the Siganture Series

81k for the Limited Edition Series
Believe High Fidelity Ltd is the North American Distributor for:

Aries Cerat Electronics and Loudspeaker Designs - www.aries-cerat.eu
Vermouth Audio Cables - www.vermouthaudio.com

Incito Preamplifier wins Best Preamplifier of 2015 with almost perfect score! - Article here

CES 2016 coverage here
THE SHOW Newport coverage here
Like us on Facebook!
Follow our YouTube Channel

Joshua
Email: j@Ibelieveinhifi.com
Web: www.ibelieveinhifi.com
My System
Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Blog this Post
06-15-2016, 06:28 PM #149
[Industry Expert]
Addicted to Best!
Believe High Fidelity's Avatar Join Date
Nov 2015
US Direct Pricing is as follows

12k for the Prestige

35K for the Reference Series

82k for the Signature Series

120k for the Limited Edition Series

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Guys, there is a misunderstanding here. Wisnon did have a right to think its 55, but flyer is also quite fair and friendly not the types to disparage so let's move on

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing