Tekton Design Double Impact Reference Loudspeakers

C.A.P

Apr 23, 2010
I have heard these personally and have trepid feelings about these.. I will not go into full details as I will listen again at another location and if they repeat their less than stellar performance I will bring forth the truth in my findings !

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Last edited:

C.A.P

Apr 23, 2010
In a few years, right now I'm putting a new roof on my house and later on I'm getting a 2019 Toyota Camry XSE.

You sure are putting your pom poms out on these.. HAVE YOU HEARD THEM ? By the time you get the said money to buy these they may be obsolete and out to dry. For your sake MUCH better technology and improvements may transpire! Seems there are a lot of upgrades already on a early design.. Kind of like a working prototype where the public dictates the final result !

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
You sure are putting your pom poms out on these.. HAVE YOU HEARD THEM ? By the time you get the said money to buy these they may be obsolete and out to dry. For your sake MUCH better technology and improvements may transpire! Seems there are a lot of upgrades already on a early design.. Kind of like a working prototype where the public dictates the final result !

I think it's Great that someone wants to put World-Reference Speakers on the market at a Shocking Price:D

Your D$mn right I'm going to rave about that:) If you don't like it...don't look at it ;)

In a few years this technology will only get better!;)

HAVE A NICE DAY:)

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
...I believe I can make a strong case for claiming that every other high fidelity loudspeaker is now obsolete...

I’m quite confident in stating that we’re now producing the most accurate and best sounding loudspeakers ever built – period!

Until now, there has been an inappropriate mass relationship between musical instruments and loudspeakers.

A subwoofer with 300 grams of moving mass can only give you a dulled out response down to 15Hz. The laws of physics prove the subwoofer cannot be musical nor can it even begin to produce the harmonic spectra of a Fender Jazz bass guitar (or any other bass-producing musical instrument) – period.

Wut? :rolleyes:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Last edited:

C.A.P

Apr 23, 2010
These Tekton Design Double Impact speakers will be at the LA Audio Show in June on the West Coast so Steve Williams and others living over there can go listen to these speakers!

http://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/invest-in-tekton/post?postid=1419090#1419090

Maybe they will bring the upgraded Double Impact SE's to the LA Audio Show too!

http://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/invest-in-tekton/post?postid=1419361#1419361

Avoiding my question only proves your lack of credibility and Reaffirms my point .. I HAVE HEARD THEM ! I will hear them again as a mercy listen as the first time was less than stellar! AND YES THEY WERE SET UP right and ran with top grade gear..
Until you have actually heard these and can verify what and where was used its POM POM-ing !

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Avoiding my question only proves your lack of credibility and Reaffirms my point .. I HAVE HEARD THEM ! I will hear them again as a mercy listen as the first time was less than stellar! AND YES THEY WERE SET UP right and ran with top grade gear..
Until you have actually heard these and can verify what and where was used its POM POM-ing !
C.A.P, i do believe that Audio_Karma is posting with a pinch of irony about these speakers. His posts may belong in the satire part of this forum.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
C.A.P, i do believe that Audio_Karma is posting with a pinch of irony about these speakers. His posts may belong in the satire part of this forum.

I have not heard the speakers and I am all for bringing to attention lesser known gears and brands. Some may or may not be of excellence. I am not one of those who believe that Price equates performance or excellence. I am all for best bang for the buck and have for years lamented the ever increasing price of High End gears.
Yet ...I find it annoying that this thread went for 6 pages!!! This thread, as are many started by AK, verges on trolling. Repeating ad infinitum the greatness of a given product with not much to support the view or even exposure to the gear.

This is IMO, trolling. I would suggest not to feed the troll. My last on this thread

C.A.P

Apr 23, 2010
Irony :confused:! Hmmmm.. I guess I may have missed the boat as I have first hand heard them and always gone into this hobby with a open mind.. I do believe in science and the Easter bunny all in one..

There are no set rules but your ears.. However: Having heard and inspected this speaker its a average design with average drivers.. It brings back memories of the Carver amazing with its tiny magnet woofers and huge claims of giant killers! Big claims get challenged and first hand experience is fact !

Yes I agree its ad nauseam in add space with no regards to facts !

I see you have a Krell KPS25sc.. I just got rid of mine :confused: It was time, When it worked it was magic. WHEN ? I went with a Krell Connect server so I never have to get up again ! Old age creates laziness .. I had the FPB 300cx and sold it to go back to a old favorite.. KSA 100s.. Its a warm amp that does it all well

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Irony :confused:! Hmmmm.. I guess I may have missed the boat as I have first hand heard them and always gone into this hobby with a open mind.. I do believe in science and the Easter bunny all in one..

There are no set rules but your ears.. However: Having heard and inspected this speaker its a average design with average drivers.. It brings back memories of the Carver amazing with its tiny magnet woofers and huge claims of giant killers! Big claims get challenged and first hand experience is fact !

Yes I agree its ad nauseam in add space with no regards to facts !

I see you have a Krell KPS25sc.. I just got rid of mine :confused: It was time, When it worked it was magic. WHEN ? I went with a Krell Connect server so I never have to get up again ! Old age creates laziness .. I had the FPB 300cx and sold it to go back to a old favorite.. KSA 100s.. Its a warm amp that does it all well
How does the Connect sound playing 16/44 files compared to the Kps ? I play mostly vinyl these days, it is just more engaging to me. I use my big Krell amp for subwoofers only, and let the MBL 9011 handle the rest, warm to, but more extended than the older Krell gear.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing