Tekton Design Double Impact Reference Loudspeakers

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Hmmmm ....

That is very unussual concept, to say at least.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
"Our new revolutionary U.S. patent #9247339 {issued January 26th, 2016} allows us to literally align the mass of cones to the harmonic spectra of the musical instruments being played.

This means that, in theory, we've now made every other high fidelity loudspeaker on earth obsolete in one fell swoop!"

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
"Our new revolutionary U.S. patent #9247339 {issued January 26th, 2016} allows us to literally align the mass of cones to the harmonic spectra of the musical instruments being played.

This means that, in theory, we've now made every other high fidelity loudspeaker on earth obsolete in one fell swoop!"

Oh man you got me there , id better stop making loudspeakers now .;)
Whats that by the way , 2 15 inch woofers playing with a tiny mid /tweeter coaxial driver ??
Quite unusual yes , but i suppose it covers the mid band

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Might work nice. The combo isn't the problem between 15's and tweeters, the problem is that usually multiple tweeters don't work so nicely.

How good? uh I dunno. Might be nice. But if I'm not mistaken they have a slightly colored past due to a health issue. The problem with selling so cheap is that the companies aren't very strong when the smallest thing happens that causes problems.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
NO problem ??
Can you show me a good FR of a speaker with a fifteen inch woofer combined with a tweeter (other then a high freq horn compression driver ).
Any actual response of that design would be nice to see , they might use a +- 38 mm tweeter , which can maybe play down to 800 Hz for a good crossing, but rolls off in the highs
And it probably might still sound weak in the mid range /not enough body /membrane surface

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
If i would buy speakers today i would may be try these studiomonitors , dsp controlled digital amps inside , just to hear it and play with it.
Augspurger , the bigger versions are used a lot by rap /rb recordings to get the bass pumping and they play high spls .
They use a large diam. berylium compression driver /horn

Augspurger_Duo8_MiniMain by andromeda61, on Flickr

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I have never heard any speakers from this company. I will give them a listen if they are Axpona. Maybe they can be the Schiit of the speaker world? Who knows.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Dont know , dont think so to be honest .
106 pounds for such a large speaker ?
part of the high end thing for me is playing uncompressed/low distortion at high spls , and you need a good housing for that , dont want a boomy design

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
You might be surprised Henk... there's a number of things out there.

Also Henk, I don't think anyone consider your speaker would be considering those speakers, so don't worry buddy!

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
You might be surprised Henk... there's a number of things out there.

Also Henk, I don't think anyone consider your speaker would be considering those speakers, so don't worry buddy!

I have my doubts about the unusual configuration but the proof would be in the listening ... else all conjecture and prejudices ...

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
limiting the percentage weight of individual parts of each driver to the other parts in the individu

As I read the patent, it seems that it is based upon limiting the percentage weight of individual parts of each driver to the other parts in the individual driver.
??? Is that correct ??? or am I missing something vital???

zz.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Terry London, reviewer for hometheaterreview.com came on audiogon forum saying "these Double Impact speakers are Shocking in regards to its Overall Performance!" "He said these speakers are reference level speakers that competes with anything on the market today!" "One of the Greatest Bargains in High-End Audio!" His review will be out in about two weeks! ;)

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/tekton-double-impacts

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing