Reel suggestions please

patwick

Feb 16, 2016
As a birthday gift, my wife gave me a phenix M1 7'7" MH fast action rod. It is really beautiful! She knew I was looking to get a solid top-water/flipping/jigging set up. So now I have to find myself a reel. I should mention as well that I just bought a kayak and was planning to do most of my top water and jigging off the yak.

I am now looking for suggestions from all of the top water experts out there. Regarding the price, any range will be considered, and don't leave out the expensive nor the cheap! I will consider all reels of any class as long as its a good match for this rod. Thanks everyone!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing