CH C1 with streaming board + Tidal + Roon

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm guessing Tidal/Roon as a remote and NAS to C1 via Ethernet? Can't be sure I'm not there yet.

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
VPN, the only way I know of to use Tidal and Roon with the C1 through the ethernet streaming card is to introduce another software layer, such as HQ Player. The configuration would be to run Roon/Tidal on a computer and have the output be to HQ Player. HQ Player would then connect to the C1 over ethernet as the source with C1 being the "renderer". You should be able to control it all with the CH Precision streaming control app. If you don't have an Android device to run the CH Precision control app, then a remote control app such as PlugPlayer running on an iPad would work; any UPnP control software. I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS. Too many layers and configuration to get just right. What we need is for CH Precision to make the C1 "Roon ready" so that the C1 can be an output device recognized by Roon when ethernet connected.

If anyone else has any ideas please share here. I run Roon/Tidal on a MacBook Pro and connect to the C1 via USB. Control with Roon remote on an iPad.

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
Hello Rsorren1 and JackD201,

Thanks for replying. It seems that most people (if not all) much prefer the sound of the CH streaming board versus the sound from the CH USB board. For this reason, I am curious to find out if there is anyone out there who is using the CH streaming board with Tidal and/or Roon.
Cheers,

VPN

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Hello Rsorren1 and JackD201,

Thanks for replying. It seems that most people (if not all) much prefer the sound of the CH streaming board versus the sound from the CH USB board. For this reason, I am curious to find out if there is anyone out there who is using the CH streaming board with Tidal and/or Roon.
Cheers,

VPN

Yes. I understand. I agree that the streaming card is slightly better sounding than through the USB port. Discs played from the D1 are slightly better than streaming in my experience. All three are very good and very close in sound quality. We need CH to make the C1 "Roon Ready".

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
Yes. I understand. I agree that the streaming card is slightly better sounding than through the USB port. Discs played from the D1 are slightly better than streaming in my experience. All three are very good and very close in sound quality. We need CH to make the C1 "Roon Ready".

Has anybody (customers or dealers) heard from CH in this respect? Are they going to make the CH C1 Tidal Ready and/or Roon Ready? Any response from them?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing