Sablon Audio Reserva Elite USB Cable, Merlin's Magic

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Sujay, how many hours did you burn in the cable?
I have mine on burning in since this morning.

Hi, I would have clocked 50 hours on it for sure. But it keeps steadily improving. I gather, it will open up even more after 100 or so...

Cheers

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Hi, I would have clocked 50 hours on it for sure. But it keeps steadily improving. I gather, it will open up even more after 100 or so...

Cheers

Thanks. I will try it after 100 hours. Brand new I felt a loss in dynamic, but I also listen to the very great points you mentioned.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Hello Joaovieira, how are you getting on with the Sablon USB?

Btw, love your Audiopax amps. I once had the pleasure of talking with Eduardo when he was demoing his speakers and amps and they were better than my Duo system.

Blue58

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Hello Joaovieira, how are you getting on with the Sablon USB?

Btw, love your Audiopax amps. I once had the pleasure of talking with Eduardo when he was demoing his speakers and amps and they were better than my Duo system.

Blue58

Hello Blue58!

This Sablon USB is amazing! The best cable I ever tried. When I bought mine Gordon, from Audiopax USA, got his by my recommendation. He is loving the cable too, and it is the next step for Silvio Pereira, the CEO from Audiopax.

I think Mark is making some very nice products. I have 5 PCs from the new model and this USB.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Anybody compared the USB cable to the TotalDAC D1 USB cable?

Here's an extract from PF review of the much earlier original iteration of my usb cable.

To complete the full loom, I replaced my existing (and very competent) TotalDac USB cable with the Sablon Panatela USB. My goodness, I really was not expecting the immediate transformation. Those doubters who excrete their diatribe about it all being ones and zeros and that a USB cable can't possibly make any difference should really open up to audiophile quality USB cables as they really do make a substantial improvement.

My listening commenced with the soul-stirring Mercury Living Presence recording of Romanian Rhapsody number 1 by Enescu. The delightful woodwind exchanges that open this glorious piece took on super vividness and a lifelike timbre that I hadn't heard before in my system. I was then greeted with a really deep and full soundstage with sweet violins floating before me. The pizzicati motives exuded a fidelity with which I had not heard before in my system. Great stuff.After a very late night session perusing my vast catalogue via jremote to jriver, I concluded that all facets of my system had improved. Very highly recommended indeed.

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/sablon-audio-cable-loom/

Chiswickian

Apr 26, 2018
Hello Blue58!

This Sablon USB is amazing! The best cable I ever tried. When I bought mine Gordon, from Audiopax USA, got his by my recommendation. He is loving the cable too, and it is the next step for Silvio Pereira, the CEO from Audiopax.

I think Mark is making some very nice products. I have 5 PCs from the new model and this USB.

joaovierira, what do you find is the SQ difference between the Sablon and Curious USB cables. I was considering adding the Curious to add some more sparkle/detail to an otherwise overly dark sounding system, which I feel is lacking fine treble detail. Do you believe the Sablon may also be a good choice for me in this case? Luckily I'm based in the UK so hopefully can trial one easily enough.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Chiswickian, my amazing powers of deduction say you live in W London.

Don’t ask me how, it’s a gift .

Greetings from a (former) E Londoner, now E Anglian.

I can’t comment on Mark’s USB cbl in my system, but it sounds stellar at Blue58’s.

I’m due to complete a full Reservas/Elites loom, and I cannot praise Sablon cbls enough.

I can’t imagine the USB being an exception.

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
joaovierira, what do you find is the SQ difference between the Sablon and Curious USB cables. I was considering adding the Curious to add some more sparkle/detail to an otherwise overly dark sounding system, which I feel is lacking fine treble detail. Do you believe the Sablon may also be a good choice for me in this case? Luckily I'm based in the UK so hopefully can trial one easily enough.

I'm also interested in the answer to this question. I have the Curious cable in addition to the TotalDAC and I have a slight preference for the TotalDAC because of the weight and presence it adds to the music while negligibly sacrificing detail.

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
Here's an extract from PF review of the much earlier original iteration of my usb cable.

To complete the full loom, I replaced my existing (and very competent) TotalDac USB cable with the Sablon Panatela USB. My goodness, I really was not expecting the immediate transformation. Those doubters who excrete their diatribe about it all being ones and zeros and that a USB cable can't possibly make any difference should really open up to audiophile quality USB cables as they really do make a substantial improvement.

My listening commenced with the soul-stirring Mercury Living Presence recording of Romanian Rhapsody number 1 by Enescu. The delightful woodwind exchanges that open this glorious piece took on super vividness and a lifelike timbre that I hadn't heard before in my system. I was then greeted with a really deep and full soundstage with sweet violins floating before me. The pizzicati motives exuded a fidelity with which I had not heard before in my system. Great stuff.After a very late night session perusing my vast catalogue via jremote to jriver, I concluded that all facets of my system had improved. Very highly recommended indeed.

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/sablon-audio-cable-loom/

Thanks for pointing me to this review. It's very lucky that one ever gets a direct comparison to what they already possess when considering such things.

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
Well, I never revisited this thread to update my USB cable journey. I acquired a Reserva USB cable with its Ethernet sibling back in May. Together, they transformed my digital streaming setup. I have recently ordered an upgrade of the USB cable to the Elite version with the unpowered option and will be receiving it shortly. I don't doubt I'll experience some improvement with its addition, but as to how much, only time will tell.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing