Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hearing loss reversal with drug combination

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gilles13 View Post
    I have a friend who speaks Chinese and uses Chinese 'médicine'. He said to me that with a cocktail of plants you can get a gain with better hearing.
    I am going to try this in May.
    Tiens-nous bien au courant de tes expériences et résultats (évaluations).

Chinese medicine would be more my preferred method to improve my hearing. ...And much more, life's expansion related; vision, heart, etc.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

In France it's not allowed, but in a lot of European countries it's allowed. I have had good result with liver's problem and official medicine can't do anything for me . But it's not definitive, I am obliged to take a treatment each 1.5 or 2 years.

Addicted to Best! Fiddle Faddle's Avatar
    So what happens if the drugs are too effective and you end up with a massive 30 dB "hump" in your frequency response at 4 Khz? Ouch. The dentist's scaling tool drives me nuts enough as it is!

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar

Post You Can Hear Me Now, But What About Tomorrow?

DSP Medicine | Hearing-Aid

"Modern technology may be on the trail of a solution, thanks to — you guessed it — DSP. Plus, neural networks, "deep-learning" machine-learning algorithms, and the nano-ization of processing hardware and transducers. A recent article from IEE Spectrum (the journal of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) recounts research conducted at Ohio State University, building on work at McGill and elsewhere, to develop "actively smart" (my words) DSP filtering that can extract speech from blanketing noise, including other voices — the long-known "cocktail-party effect" — with astonishing precision."
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! GaryProtein's Avatar
    I did a Google Scholar search of refereed journal articles and was unable to find a recent article on drugs to re-grow cochlear hair cells. There were several articles from 15-20 years ago, but none like the original link mentioned.
    Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MCD500, MR78, MPI4, MC602 (2), Accuphase DG58, Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, boarded up fireplace, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, MEN220, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-Ruby, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryProtein View Post
    I did a Google Scholar search of refereed journal articles and was unable to find a recent article on drugs to re-grow cochlear hair cells. There were several articles from 15-20 years ago, but none like the original link mentioned.
    Here is the paper mentioned in OP: http://www.cell.com/cell-reports/ful...247(17)30136-5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12