Queon QT-50 Help Vintage Record Player

oconnor.michael2009

Feb 22, 2017
Hi all, first time poster need some help !!

I found this at a local value village (goodwill) and it just seemed to nice to pass up. It needs some work, the belt was broken and needs a stylus, but those items I've figured out.

1.Does anyone know who the real manufacture of this is ? It's Japanese made, imported to the Quebec Ontario company for distribution in Canada.

2. The 33/45 selector was sheered off, after taking it apart the mechanism was frozen, so they must have tried to wrench it. I just squirted some penetrating oil in and have it moving so I'll be able to select 33/45 now, but where would I find a replacement for this ? You can see it in the right hand corner of on of the pics I've posted. Looks like it was just a post attached to the milky white knob underneath that pushes the long spindle. I'm lost with this one. I don't even know what to call it.

3. I'm not interested in 45 records at all, if I just remove the entire mechanism and just let the belt spin on the spindle alone will my records play at 33 or 45 ?

Thanks in advance, I'm not an expert, but this seems like an above average player, wondering if replacing that 33/45 selector is worth the $$, especially since I'll now be able to manually move it from below and just use it at 33.

Sorry, will not allow my pics to upload, might need some help with that as well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing