Dma-280

Robertd

May 13, 2015
Spectral went amp crazy for a while. I think 6-7 stereo amps since the 260. My 260 keeps on its daily use.
Yeah.....anything you want but a phono pre ;) some of the earlier comments suggested that craziness....then I saw ack’s post about the technology being promising, which got me intrigued. My experience with spectral, mostly on the preamp side, is everything they do is special.

Gene 15352

Feb 18, 2013
Canada
Just saw on the website a moment ago that there's a new DMA 280S coming in 2021. Oh no, not another "universal" amp?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Yup, saw that today as well - Fridays is when they seem to break the news

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Makes me wonder if all these S2 models are just just the same amps with new part#s they source from suppliers.

Is a 280S2 sonically better than a 280?

Amps are probably their highest margin products. So, makes sense to have a lot of them in the lineup.

Gene 15352

Feb 18, 2013
Canada
There are none. The 300 and 400 pics are for the RS series in the Spectral Audio System section. There is no bulletin for the 400SV amps which makes no sense. You'd think they would budget to upgrade their website? California may have a few people around who know a thing or two on building websites???

• Haha
Reactions: Hiempie

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
There are none. The 300 and 400 pics are for the RS series in the Spectral Audio System section. There is no bulletin for the 400SV amps which makes no sense. You'd think they would budget to upgrade their website? California may have a few people around who know a thing or two on building websites???
I agree. But, I think outside of engineering. I guess its a one man show.

Reactions: dan31

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing