T+A DSD 8 v. Lampizator Atlantic

Lee Henley

Feb 21, 2014
England, UK

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
My vote would go towards the T+A, although I haven't heard the Atlantic yet.
I replaced my balanced Lampi 4 with Mundorf caps with the T+A and found it superior in every discipline at roughly half the cost of the Lampi.
The T+A did also very favorably against a (4x the price) TotalDAC six and came out as close second.

512 is key here, but you already seem to have everything ready for it. I did my comparisons with a standard CAPSv4, a SGM will of course take things further, but a well built computer will sound fantastic with the T+A.

My 2 cents.
Christoph

No Level 4 Dac could do DSD512...which is only like 9 months old with the Lampi. Even the new Amber 2 is the equal of the l4, so it will not equal the basic Atlantic, much less the GA. As to the B7 and GG, another league ahead as well.
Times have moved on... even my 15 month old GG is not the same anymore since it came back from major upgrades 2 months ago. Superclocks, FW update and DSD 512 engine replacing 256. Killer!

Bear in mind that I had a L2+/L4 pcm/L4 DSD/B7 and have experience with a Siebener and an Atlantic plus.

MicJames

Feb 11, 2016
I replaced my balanced Lampi 4 with Mundorf caps with the T+A and found it superior in every discipline at roughly half the cost of the Lampi.

My 2 cents.
Christoph

As an owner of a Lampi L4G4, this is upsetting to hear.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mic, I've just heard the Dac8 w unpowered Sablon Reserva Elite USB, and it's jumped another level in my already high estimation of it
Based on it outputting dsd512, thru SGM server/HQP

Shredder

Feb 21, 2017
FWIW, I went with the Lampi Atlantic. DSD only, balanced, tube rectification, one superclock. Should have it in a week or so. I will definitely write a little review. VERY excited.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
FWIW, I went with the Lampi Atlantic. DSD only, balanced, tube rectification, one superclock. Should have it in a week or so. I will definitely write a little review. VERY excited.

Hi just to let you guys know I found the golden Atlantic better than the big 7, close to the GG on simple music but GG shoots ahead on resolution, complex orchestral, and tops and bottoms. But at half the price, GA is a steal

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

If it's DSD only you have to up sample carefully wise your PCM will suck

Shredder

Feb 21, 2017
There was a little glitch. Now, it will be delivered this coming Monday. review to follow.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
There was a little glitch. Now, it will be delivered this coming Monday. review to follow.

Just upgrade to golden atlantic quickly :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing