Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merging Horus/Hapi update

[WBF Founding Member]
    Pro Audio Production
    Member Sponsor

Merging Horus/Hapi update

New Merging AKD8DP A/D card for the Horus! We'll see who is boss against my Playback Designs Pinot!
    As stated in an earlier thread, I'll be posting files of recordings done with this and the Pinot. These 2, in my opinion, are the best A/D converters we have today.

Name:  Merging.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  73.8 KB
    Bruce A. Brown
    Puget Sound Studios
    Stereomojo reviewer
    Seattle, WA

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!

Looking forward to it !
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Preamp: Robert Koda K10
    Amp: Nagra HD Amps
    Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus on sources, Opus Gen 5 Pre to amps & speaker
    Power Transparent Opus, Opus Source Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1

I really hope you will reproduce a DSD 11.2 MHz remaster of "Sheffield Lab Drum & Track" by using Pyramix/HAPI with such ADC modules!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunpei View Post
    I really hope you will reproduce a DSD 11.2 MHz remaster of "Sheffield Lab Drum & Track" by using Pyramix/HAPI with such ADC modules!
    There are several of the Sheffield Lab direct to disc recordings that would be great transferred from Analog to DSD now that they are long out of print.
    Would love to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoura View Post
    There are several of the Sheffield Lab direct to disc recordings that would be great transferred from Analog to DSD now that they are long out of print.
    Would love to see that.
    Direct To Disc recordings don't have any Master Tape from which to make any more pressings.
    Turntable/Arm - Yamaha GT 2000/Yamaha YSA-1
    Cartridge - Soundsmith The Voice(Ebony)
    Phono stage - Moon LP 5.3
    Preamp - Hornshoppe The Truth
    Speakers - KRK Expose E8B Mastering Monitors

Turntable support counts as another component. 21 Clearaudio Magix and more.

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Direct To Disc recordings don't have any Master Tape from which to make any more pressings.
    As it turns out, in many cases there is an Analog Tape recording of Direct to Disc sessions.

I suspect that was the case with the Sheffield recordings as well.
    That would explain the Stereo CD editions of these albums that have been issued to date.

As it turns out, in many cases there is an Analog Tape recording of Direct to Disc sessions.

I suspect that was the case with the Sheffield recordings as well.
    That would explain the Stereo CD editions of these albums that have been issued to date.
    The fact that there were tapes made does not correct the error in your previous post.

The fact that there were tapes made does not correct the error in your previous post.
    Actually it does.

Actually it does.
    If a vinyl record is a Direct To Disc Recording it was made without any Master Tape. The fact that a tape copy might have been made simultaneous to cutting the D2D doesn't negate that truth. Any vinyl record made from a Master Tape is not a Direct To Disc recording.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    If a vinyl record is a Direct To Disc Recording it was made without any Master Tape. The fact that a tape copy might have been made simultaneous to cutting the D2D doesn't negate that truth. Any vinyl record made from a Master Tape is not a Direct To Disc recording.
    splitting hairs I think with that distinction. bmoura is correct on both levels. tapes are often made from the same mic feed as the DTD, and DTD pressings are used as commercial analog sources for digital too.

one was actually done in my room (and Bruce Brown recorded and mastered it). when Winston Ma bought the rights of the DTD pressing and used my Rockport Sirius III turntable as the source for a Ultra CD release, Jun Kukamachi, At Steinway (take 2)

Name:  JUN.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  130.9 KB

then there is the Jeton DTD pressing source for the CD with Ray Brown and Laurindo Almeida 'Moonlight Serenade'

Name:  ray brown.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  49.0 KB
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast