ELROD new MASTER SERIES Statement Gold...a true surprise; changes the game considerably!

audioway

Mar 28, 2015
Voronezh
Congrat SCAudiophile with new monsters! Thinking about buying Elrod Gold but after read your impression about Master series decide to buy it. Can you say what length of PC on yours photo? I ask it because I see that flexible part of cable looks longer than on previous version of Gold PC.
Thanks

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Congrat SCAudiophile with new monsters! Thinking about buying Elrod Gold but after read your impression about Master series decide to buy it. Can you say what length of PC on yours photo? I ask it because I see that flexible part of cable looks longer than on previous version of Gold PC.
Thanks

7 feet in length; if memory serves, I was told this is new standard length to allow for a bit more flexibility in placement but don't quote me as I'm not a dealer. Talk with your local rep or communicate with Elrod for details (purchase always through dealer or distributor depending upon what country you live in). PM me with a phone number and I'm happy to talk in real-time on Monday to let you know more of what I'm hearing in the days since my first report. Nothing short of stunning in summary but glad to share much more detail!

audioway

Mar 28, 2015
Voronezh
Thanks for information SCAudiophile! That`s very useful info (about standard length is 7 feet now). I think I`m change my order to Master series. I`m planning to use it to feed my power distributor. Did you try it on this position? Or what position for it you can recommended. Thanks
About PM by phone - my spoken English not soo good. Will try communicate by message.

Reactions: Forte

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Thanks for information SCAudiophile! That`s very useful info (about standard length is 7 feet now). I think I`m change my order to Master series. I`m planning to use it to feed my power distributor. Did you try it on this position? Or what position for it you can recommended. Thanks
About PM by phone - my spoken English not soo good. Will try communicate by message.

I have not yet tried them on my power conditioners as my Isotek EVO3 TITAN and SIGMAS both take a 20-amp connector and what I have that I am testing has a 15-amp connector.

I do have 2 20-amp powercords on order and will be using them on my TITAN and SIGMAS to replace existing Statement Gold and Statement Silver cables respectively, both with Masters Series Statement Golds so it should be a definite additional step up...have a great day!

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
I have not yet tried them on my power conditioners as my Isotek EVO3 TITAN and SIGMAS both take a 20-amp connector and what I have that I am testing has a 15-amp connector.

I do have 2 20-amp powercords on order and will be using them on my TITAN and SIGMAS to replace existing Statement Gold and Statement Silver cables respectively, both with Masters Series Statement Golds so it should be a definite additional step up...have a great day!

Well, it's official; I formally added a 10 ft. version of the Master Series Statement Gold to my A-02 amp and a 9 foot version between my C-02 pre-amp and Isotek EVO3 SIGMAS power conditioner. The 7 foot version has been turned in (it was on loan for testing) and is on its way to another demo situation.

All I can say is that after a lot of listening with the first cord and now with 2 in the system, and those being the only changes in quite some time since the TAD R1s arrived, I am left with only one thought; "HOW CAN A POWER CORD DO THAT?!?!?!". I don't want to step over any lines here, nor am an employee, dealer or what some people affectionately refer to as a "plant" or a "shill". I simply am extremely impressed with Elrod's cables over the years and had thought I was hearing everything my system is capable of. In short, I was wrong and there is a sound emerging from the system that is a step above (and then some) what I was already considering amazing. I'll keep my comments to this level; it's been a very good and musically enjoyable week!

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
I wonder if David still has his Endeavor's

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
I wonder if David still has his Endeavor's
He has a good number of speaker pairs at the house that he enjoys; you might want to ask him!

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
That "demo situation" is me. I have one now and once I get this one I am going to try them on the Dart 458's :cool:

Well, it's official; I formally added a 10 ft. version of the Master Series Statement Gold to my A-02 amp and a 9 foot version between my C-02 pre-amp and Isotek EVO3 SIGMAS power conditioner. The 7 foot version has been turned in (it was on loan for testing) and is on its way to another demo situation.

All I can say is that after a lot of listening with the first cord and now with 2 in the system, and those being the only changes in quite some time since the TAD R1s arrived, I am left with only one thought; "HOW CAN A POWER CORD DO THAT?!?!?!". I don't want to step over any lines here, nor am an employee, dealer or what some people affectionately refer to as a "plant" or a "shill". I simply am extremely impressed with Elrod's cables over the years and had thought I was hearing everything my system is capable of. In short, I was wrong and there is a sound emerging from the system that is a step above (and then some) what I was already considering amazing. I'll keep my comments to this level; it's been a very good and musically enjoyable week!

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
That "demo situation" is me. I have one now and once I get this one I am going to try them on the Dart 458's :cool:

It will be very cool! This 7-footer is definitely broken in and warmed up for you; give it 24-48 of constant current to acclimate after the trip and you will be heaven with how they sound on the Dart 458s! With my prior Statement Gold (latest gens), I was EXTREMELY impressed already and thought I had heard all my Esoteric A-02 amp and C-02 pre-amp were capable of. In short, I was dead wrong and I've heard things out of that amp in particular and the system overall that I've not heard before, or at least in nuanced ways that I thought possible only with the MOST expensive SET tube gear I've heard over the years. It's been an extremely good few weeks due to this cable and now the one that replaced it full-time plus the other new one that went on my C-02 pre-amp earlier in the week. Next stop, two 20-amp 10-footers for my Isotek EVO3 TITAN and EVO3 SIGMAS power conditioners!

BTW....you might want to add Elrod Cables to your disclosure :cool:.

Call me anytime (PM me for number), I'll be happy to talk in more detail about what I am hearing.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I am really excited to try the new Master SG's on my amps. I have been an Elrod dealer(I do need to ad that to my list) for about 15 years and started way back when with the original EPS power cords. Right now I am using a Statement Gold, Statement Gold X2 and one of the most recently built nonMaster Diamonds.

It will be very cool! This 7-footer is definitely broken in and warmed up for you; give it 24-48 of constant current to acclimate after the trip and you will be heaven with how they sound on the Dart 458s! With my prior Statement Gold (latest gens), I was EXTREMELY impressed already and thought I had heard all my Esoteric A-02 amp and C-02 pre-amp were capable of. In short, I was dead wrong and I've heard things out of that amp in particular and the system overall that I've not heard before, or at least in nuanced ways that I thought possible only with the MOST expensive SET tube gear I've heard over the years. It's been an extremely good few weeks due to this cable and now the one that replaced it full-time plus the other new one that went on my C-02 pre-amp earlier in the week. Next stop, two 20-amp 10-footers for my Isotek EVO3 TITAN and EVO3 SIGMAS power conditioners!

BTW....you might want to add Elrod Cables to your disclosure :cool:.

Call me anytime (PM me for number), I'll be happy to talk in more detail about what I am hearing.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
I am really excited to try the new Master SG's on my amps. I have been an Elrod dealer(I do need to ad that to my list) for about 15 years and started way back when with the original EPS power cords. Right now I am using a Statement Gold, Statement Gold X2 and one of the most recently built nonMaster Diamonds.

You are going to enjoy them very much!!!!

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Photos of two of the new 'kids', a 10' and a 9' 15-amp Masters Series Statement Gold PC;

Elrod-MASTER-SERIES-Stmt-Gold-PC-15amp-entire-2-20170316_125033.jpg Elrod-MASTER-SERIES-Stmt-Gold-PC-femate-ends-20170316_124947.jpg Elrod-MASTER-SERIES-Stmt-Gold-PC-male-ends-20170316_124921.jpg Elrod-MASTER-SERIES-Stmt-Gold-PC-15amp-labels-20170316_124906.jpg

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
great cables indeed.
thank you for those amazing pictures.

You are welcome...thank you for the good words re: the photos of the cables! In your avatar, there is a photo of your Avalons and your system and room; it looks beautiful! Do you have a systems listing somewhere on this forum with larger photos and more info on your system?

have a great day!

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
You are welcome...thank you for the good words re: the photos of the cables! In your avatar, there is a photo of your Avalons and your system and room; it looks beautiful! Do you have a systems listing somewhere on this forum with larger photos and more info on your system?

have a great day!

thank you.
I have not yet created my system view on the forum, but I will try to do it as soon as possible.
here you can see my elrod cables (very far from the amount as you have :))

have a great day you too

IMG_8890-v002.jpg

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
thank you.
I have not yet created my system view on the forum, but I will try to do it as soon as possible.
here you can see my elrod cables (very far from the amount as you have :))

have a great day you too

View attachment 31627

Great photo,...thank you! What do you connect with the Elrod cables?

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Great photo,...thank you! What do you connect with the Elrod cables?

it is a DIY Isolation Transformer. I purchased an Industrial Grade high Isolation Transformer from Signal enterprise and then I've developed my own project.
I see you have a great system.
I recently heard TAD speakers driven by Boulder amplifier.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
it is a DIY Isolation Transformer. I purchased an Industrial Grade high Isolation Transformer from Signal enterprise and then I've developed my own project.
I see you have a great system.
I recently heard TAD speakers driven by Boulder amplifier.

Thank you very much; I am enjoying how it conveys music in ways I did not think possible to attain with Solid State gear!

That is a truly great DIY project; thank you for the background on it!

Georgy

Dec 5, 2016
Hello, somebody had a comparison experience Elrod Statement vs Stage III
I heard Elrod Stat Gold (not masrter) -gorgeous detail, the air of the hall and around each instrument, music flows, its very essence .... and hearing the opinion that Stage III has the same effe?t but more expressive

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Hello, somebody had a comparison experience Elrod Statement vs Stage III
I heard Elrod Stat Gold (not masrter) -gorgeous detail, the air of the hall and around each instrument, music flows, its very essence .... and hearing the opinion that Stage III has the same effe?t but more expressive

Georgy,

Elrod Statement Gold has all of those attributes and more when I've had them in my system. The new MASTERS SERIES Statement Golds that I have replaced all but 2 other Elrod with at the moment are
even more impressive than that and made my amp, pre-amp, DAC and power conditioner sound like I"d upgraded every single component in the system; this is no exaggeration. I am hearing additional
wonderful things out of my system and my speakers in a way that almost defies description. My first call into Elrod with each new cable once it had warmed up was something of the form "How can a power
cord do THIS...?". If I was not hearing it each day I truly would not believe it were possible. The MASTERS SERIES (for which there is also now a level above gold, i.e. 'diamond' that I cannot even
comprehend the improvements over what I am already hearing) is David's best work EVER and is, at least here in my system and 3 other guys I know who have upgraded, revelatory!!!

All that stated,...I have no experience at all with Stage III except to know their reputation and that their owners are fanatical about them as well. Hopefully someone with direct experience with
Stage III Kraken and beyond and the most current generation of Elrod Statement Gold and beyond will comment soon!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing