Best retail dealers in computer audio

Nicholas Bedworth

WBF Founding Member
May 7, 2010
Maui, where else?
Who (around the world) does the best job on music servers and computer audio for the high-end? Of course there's Goodwin's in the Boston area. Who else comes to mind? What are your experiences, good, bad and in-between?

caesar

May 30, 2010
My sense is this is still a very evolving area. There is very little agreement to what sounds best, as there are many permutations that have not sorted them out.

I would check out the dealers with the most audiophile street cred thrughout the country and in the major cities (NY, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, etc.), and give them a call. Some may not share their secret potions but some may give you good ideas. If the store has a geek on their staff, you may be in luck.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
I visited Olive in S.F. A few years ago. Small operation. Maybe that's to be expected, at least back then. I found their gear quite expensive relative to other solutions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing