Goldfinger Statement VS Coralstone Diamond

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear all,

i have a Goldfinger Statement and i think is the best cartridge i had and i listen in my life.
I had, among the best, Colibri,Atlas,Titan I,Old Golfinger,Ikeda,Transfiguration temper,Audio Tekne,Yamamura,Koetsu Jade Signature,ecc,ecc

I know very well because i listen a lot of time in my friend's home Kondo IOM,IO limited,Kiseki,Jan Allearts MC2 formula one,Air tight pc1,Kondo IO J,ZYX Diamond,ecc,ecc

Other 2 fantastic cartridge of my friends are Audio note IO limited 6 litz,but problem is his output 0,01V and Zyx Diamond that in Italy cost euro 24.500,price list.

I never thinking about Koetsu because i was no happy 10 years ago with my Jade platinum,natural sound but dark,and bass too heavy,could be also my phono was not good for Koetsu

Today i change one Audio Note amp that i never use with a Coralstone Diamond new of my friend.
At 15 this afternoon my friend came to my home to pick up the amp and brought to me the Koetsu,i know Coralstone is good and i decide to try,also because i have a phono CH Precision P1 with X1 that with the input in current is very good for this kind of cartridge.

This Koetsu has also a very special stone because is different from all the other i saw.

So are 5 hours that i listen music and i was shocked from this Koetsu.

I love my Goldfinger statement because is natural,fast, open but sweet,very dynamic,but when i put the Koetsu,i find sound much better.

Immediatly i listen the instrument bigger,more depth and image much bigger and sound more natural.In classical music no comparison,violin,piano,ecc are more natural,really seems to have real instrument in the room,also voice,guitar are better,and sound is more free in the air.

For rock music i will try tomorrow.Goldfinger is little more fast,open and dynamic,but when you listen the natural sound of this Koetsu you forget everything.

Also the bass is correct and not heavy like other Koetsu i listen.

At the end i can say that the difference is exactly like this ,Koetsu is like to listen Kronos or Air Force One and Goldfinger like MSB Select,Vivaldi,CH C1

Regards
Gianluigi

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Dear all,

i have a Goldfinger Statement and i think is the best cartridge i had and i listen in my life.
I had, among the best, Colibri,Atlas,Titan I,Old Golfinger,Ikeda,Transfiguration temper,Audio Tekne,Yamamura,Koetsu Jade Signature,ecc,ecc

I know very well because i listen a lot of time in my friend's home Kondo IOM,IO limited,Kiseki,Jan Allearts MC2 formula one,Air tight pc1,Kondo IO J,ZYX Diamond,ecc,ecc

Other 2 fantastic cartridge of my friends are Audio note IO limited 6 litz,but problem is his output 0,01V and Zyx Diamond that in Italy cost euro 24.500,price list.

I never thinking about Koetsu because i was no happy 10 years ago with my Jade platinum,natural sound but dark,and bass too heavy,could be also my phono was not good for Koetsu

Today i change one Audio Note amp that i never use with a Coralstone Diamond new of my friend.
At 15 this afternoon my friend came to my home to pick up the amp and brought to me the Koetsu,i know Coralstone is good and i decide to try,also because i have a phono CH Precision P1 with X1 that with the input in current is very good for this kind of cartridge.

This Koetsu has also a very special stone because is different from all the other i saw.

So are 5 hours that i listen music and i was shocked from this Koetsu.

I love my Goldfinger statement because is natural,fast, open but sweet,very dynamic,but when i put the Koetsu,i find sound much better.

Immediatly i listen the instrument bigger,more depth and image much bigger and sound more natural.In classical music no comparison,violin,piano,ecc are more natural,really seems to have real instrument in the room,also voice,guitar are better,and sound is more free in the air.

For rock music i will try tomorrow.Goldfinger is little more fast,open and dynamic,but when you listen the natural sound of this Koetsu you forget everything.

Also the bass is correct and not heavy like other Koetsu i listen.

At the end i can say that the difference is exactly like this ,Koetsu is like to listen Kronos or Air Force One and Goldfinger like MSB Select,Vivaldi,CH C1

Regards
Gianluigi

wow Gian, stop improving your system. I have been exchanging emails with some people and most of them have migrated away from the component I am researching to CH Precision. Many from valves. You need to slow down.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I like the way you describe it Gian. I feel pretty much the same way about my Jasper Diamond and GFS. :)

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Ciao Ked,
in future i would like to improve,slowly,with another X1,so i use one for P1 and one for X1,Buying Artesania rack,my have 35 years and are the most economic 30 years ago,to do acoustic treatment with Vicoustic and try the Entreq Poseidon.

I think all this together can do good improvement

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Dear GianLuigi,

On which tonearm are you using the Coralstone?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Ron

the turntable is Bergmann Sindre with his arm linear tracking airbearing.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Does that tonearm have a high effective mass (which is, according to conventional wisdom, the best match for the low compliance Koetsu)?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
This tonearm havent a high mass and could be not perfect matching with Koetsu,but i have opportunity to take this koetsu changing with an amp that i don't use,and trying with Bergmann the sound
of Arm/koetsu seems very good.

In future i would like to buy a second turntable,with a tonearm perfect for Koetsu.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
If the Coralstone on that tonearm already is more natural and musically satisfying than the Goldfinger (which is no surprise at all to me) you do not have to change anything. :)

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I think yes.
Also the Goldfinger is fantastic cartridge.
Is little more fast,open,dynamic with more punch,very good for rock,jazz with big orchestra
Now i am listening Histoire du soldat and this cost is more natural and give big emotion

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
This is an old photo,this speaker are electrovoice sentry III
Now i sold Kondo to develop CH Precision amp and phono and new speaker are MONTAGNA,one small italian company.
Its a 3 way with 98 db sensibility and magnet in Maxalco that is Alnico V with oriented crystals,with cabinet in regal and carbon fiber

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Dear Ron

the turntable is Bergmann Sindre with his arm linear tracking airbearing.

Since I'm a straight-arm kind of guy, I wish I knew more about the Bergmann tables, particularly their higher end models. Does anyone on the forum know anyone who has one of these? Same for their free-standing tone arms?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing