On the move

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
I'm excited to announce that I have joined the good folks at Music Direct, managing their new showrooms and as chief analog setup guy. About two years ago Music Direct moved to a much larger facility in a nicer area on the north side of Chicago.

We currently have two showrooms and an open area for browsing records and checking out special deals. We're getting ready to open the showrooms to demonstrate really cool gear such as Aurender, BAT, Focal, Koetsu, Lyra, Marantz, McIntosh, Shunyata, Spiral Groove, Vandersteen, VPI, and much, much more. Showroom hours will be announced on our website and in our Soundbytes newsletter. Special demonstrations, seminars, etc. are in the works.

It's a wonderful challenge, but does doing what you love ever really seem like work? Come for a listen.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Good luck, my friend
Those bricks'n'mortar stores, like all speciality shops, are really important in these impersonal, bargain obsessed times
More power to you

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Good for you Brian, I'll have to make a point of stopping by on my next visit to the Windy City !

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations!

If I am ever in Chicago I would like to check it out!

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
One of the MANY things I loved about vinyl in the earlier days, was going to record stores and spending hours looking through the bins. Same at the CES's I used to attend, but on a much, much, much smaller scale The closest to recreating that experience was shopping used records stores in the cities I visited during my business (and vacation) travels.

Visiting Music Direct (in person) would be a very dangerous trip for someone like me. I can resist everything but temptation!!

I wish you the very best in your new endeavor.

I could never work in a place like that. I would spend all of my profits .... and then some.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Good luck, Brian - I remember we exchanged a few mails in the past concerning Soundlab's and Atmasphere and I always looked for your demos at CES reports!

chrisr

Member Sponsor
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago area
Congrats, Brian. Look forward to seeing you there!

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
I'm excited to announce that I have joined the good folks at Music Direct, managing their new showrooms and as chief analog setup guy. About two years ago Music Direct moved to a much larger facility in a nicer area on the north side of Chicago.

We currently have two showrooms and an open area for browsing records and checking out special deals. We're getting ready to open the showrooms to demonstrate really cool gear such as Aurender, BAT, Focal, Koetsu, Lyra, Marantz, McIntosh, Shunyata, Spiral Groove, Vandersteen, VPI, and much, much more. Showroom hours will be announced on our website and in our Soundbytes newsletter. Special demonstrations, seminars, etc. are in the works.

It's a wonderful challenge, but does doing what you love ever really seem like work? Come for a listen.

Congratulations on the move, Brian and wishing you much success in your new endeavors.

BTW, your announcement was very tastefully done.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing